Going to Vero Beach FL in June

elistepp

Feb 1, 2007
Hello,
I am new to MD'ing and I need some advice. I am going to Vero Beach in June and I have heard that searching at the dune line is a good place. Can anyone back this up or dispute it? Also, I have an idea. Since noone can metal detect in the leased waters what about going in waist deep and grabbing objects, bringing them out and running he MD over them to see if they detect? Are ther any laws against this? Any advice/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Eli

Upvote 0

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Vero is a great place to MD .......Right in front of the Disney Resort you have a great area Wabasso beach with 3 wrecks.....you can MD about a mile north and about 4 miles south......about 3 miles south is Corrigans with one of the wrecks of the 1715 fleet......I also like to hunt behind the McLarty museum.....
Unfortunately NO you cant go in the water with your MD All the areas above mentioned are Fishers lease area....

Good luck and happy hunting,

Chagy......

OP
OP
E

elistepp

Feb 1, 2007
Thanks Chaggy. I love this site! I hear a lo about the Fisher lease. Does anyone know if their lease ever expires? Seems like a monopoly. I also see the other side though. Mel put up the money on a gamble. Anyway, does the lease expire?

Thanks!

Eli

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I would advice you to go to the McLarty museum about 13 miles north of Wabasso beach entrance on A1A ...they have great books on beach MD that explain all the beaches and wrecks....

Chagy.......

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to learn how to detect a beach while your getting ready to go. Visit thegoldenolde.com/

HH,
Sandman

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Warning!!! do NOT go in the water big trouble!!!

the waterline to dunefoot thats the legal spot for MDing--go in the water you will get busted --the folks with the leases do lookout for folks in "their water" and will call the cops on you in a heartbeat---plus stay off the main dunes (the state does not want you on or digging in them) -- the foot of the dunes can produce well and close to the waterline too--it ain't easy thought -local MD'ers hit the beaches hard needkess to say & beach "renourishment" ie sand dumped on the beaches by the govt can make it tough-- as far as "spots" hurricane treasure (a detailed wreaksite area book) sold by kellyco for $10 is a good buy also stop by the mclarty shop its only $1 buck and a good spot for info. good luck ..ivan

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
yes theses areas get hit HARD.I have had trips were I walk for over a 1/4 mile an didn't even find a pull tab,very clean beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread