GOLD!!! and CW at the farm today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"There's GOLD at that there farm!!!" :D I'm happier than a pig in mud with today's finds. I was searching the area again where I found previous CW items and the silver bracelet. I swung a lot slower this time and concentrated on a certain area. (Thanks Ridley)
In just a short time I found:

*What I think is an old handmade (?) gold bracelet. It has a design on the outside edge. I can see where it is stamped "14k" on the inside, but part of the "1" is barely noticeable. There are two small design marks to the right of the "14K". The "14K" looks like it was done by hand possibly, as it looks kind of primitive (not factory stamped).
I would love to find out any info on this piece. If you recall, I found a handmade silver bracelet in this area just last week.

*Another CW button. There is a design on the front, but I can't tell what it is?
My last two buttons were brass. Any idea what this one is, and can I clean it up somehow? I'd like to see if there are words on the backside.

*Another CW musket ball. Is "musket ball" correct on this, or is this a miniball? (I'm still learning this stuff) :D

*Some kind of metal clip that I swear I've seen similar ones on CW relic sites. It looks like the two ends connected at the silver tabs at one time? Any ideas on this one?

*Another buckle. CW era or farm?

*2 quarters and a penny by the driveway on my way out. Nothing old thought. Darn it.

Well, that's it for now.
Any ID's on some of these items would be a great help.
Thanks for looking,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,055
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 1,058
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,047
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,048
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,040
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,030
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 1,027
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,038
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,040
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,025
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,017
Upvote 0

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. There has to be more of the same.

Slow and easy is the way to go.

HH Ken

MikeTN

Feb 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Whoohooo!!! Congrats man! Awsome day eh?! The gold looks REAL old! Bet a good jeweler could straiten it out for you. ;)

Mike

T

TreasureTales

Holy Crap! MM you got yourself a pile of loot. WTG! The bangle bracelet looks clearly marked 14k to me. I don't know if they were marking gold that way during the CW, but I'm sure somebody can shed some light on that here soon. The button looks interesting, a little light brushing with a soft bristle brush couldn't hurt--could it?? (I don't really know)

You've got a sweet spot for detecting there, hope you keep digging up the history and the loot. Congrats!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
DAMN!!!! I have goosebumps!!!!

That bracelet has definite makers marks and it's old too. DON"T BEND IT!!!! Let a pro do that!!!!

Nice button too! You had a banner day there.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! ;)

Ridley

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Dang that's an awesome spot you hav going there, what are you doing home shooting the breeze with us, get back out there. I can't wait to hear more about the bracelett! Keep up the good work!

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Looks like a civilian flower button. Pretty common to find in CW camps. They used any button they could get their hands on for replacements.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That bracelet is really nice! The small detail is beautiful!

Great job, I look forward to seeing more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions