Gold and Silver. Epic Hunt. "Surf and Turf" day turned out to be a lot of fun.

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1911 Barber Half. Heavy Gold Ring. "Surf and Turf" day turned out to be a lot of fun.

I have noticed that a lot of hunters (myself included) typically only post their best finds and stuff that makes everyone think "man, if only I were that lucky." Today, I had a couple amazing finds, but I also had a lot of items pulled out of the ground that most people would agree is junk." I realized today that this stuff isn't junk to me. Sure at the end of the hunt, I clean and sort it all, and most of it goes into the trash (I keep keys, just because). But every time I get a signal, I get it out of the ground and I'm searching for it in the dirt or sand, there's that hope that what I found will be amazing. And today I was lucky enough to have that hope realized.

I don't presume to speak for other hunters, but I think that the HOPE of something great is part of the joy of this hobby. I would liken it to playing slot machines, you are hoping to hit the jackpot and you have no clue when it will happen, and every time that it does, it's a rush. Sure, it's not all random because we can research and pick the best spot that has the best potential to find something great, but if you think about it, even that is a bit random. I think the key quality of a good detector is perseverance mixed with the hope that the next item you find will be great. That hope is what drives me to get out and try unconventional locations or beaches that don't look that popular or busy.

Today, I decided to post ALL of my finds today. And after putting them all in a pile, I realized that it tells a more accurate story of what it takes to find something great. It also shows the order of value that I hold for my items. I hope to do this more in the future. Thanks for looking at my finds, perhaps you can share your thoughts on what makes you get out and hunt.

DSC_0349.JPG

1911 Barber Half Dollar (front)
WEB1.jpg

1911 Barber Half Dollar (back)
WEB2.jpg

WEB3.jpg

14K, 8.08 Grams
WEB4.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 15

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and a couple of great finds. Congrats.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post I agree I see peoples finds and its amazing 1422 coin 1700 coins gold I lve is hobby very healthy get outside never know what you will find I keep all my wheats and coins in holders. Nice finds

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
What a cool little rubber ducky!!!! I hope you didn't throw him out! :laughing7:

Good stuff, congrat's on the haul!

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where the heck are you hunting.....an adult sex store parking lot???

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great finds.

OP
OP
N

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where the heck are you hunting.....an adult sex store parking lot???

Hahahahahah.... Yes, someone noticed the 'coin spill' I found. I can only assume why this person was in such a rush that they lost all of these. I started my day hunting turf around San Francisco and to the best of my knowledge there wasn't a sex store in that exact location :laughing7:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread