Gold and silver from the Sc--kool yard.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I'd hit the school yard today. Didn't have much time since my son came home to visit. He was still sleeping, what's new.

I found the regular stuff, but with the new program I been tinkering with on my DFX I was killing the nickles. One hole was a spill with four nickels and one dime. Anyway. This little kid walks up and starts talking to me. I couldn't hear him but stopped. Took my headphones off and said.
"What's up?"
"What you looking for?"
"The treasure of the black pearl," I said.
It ain't here, he said. "They keep it locked up in Hollywood?" I nodded.
"Oh, is that right. Well, I'm trying to find something other than junk like this." I reach in my pouch and pull out my can slaw. "But I'm not giving up."

I start swinging again and in two steps my headphone start screaming at me. Solid 13 VDI on the DFX with a long line at 3.5". I dig and out comes the men's white gold wedding band.
"See I said, "Jack Black lost his ring." I hand it to him. His eyes are like a mile wide open.
"Wow," he said. "Keep going." I put the ring back in my pouch and start swinging again, three more steps and another signal. I dig it. I pull up the silver hoonkin' ring with turquois chips, wrapped in angora by some young girl in love.
I hand it to the kid.
"That's red beard the pirate's chin hair wrapped around there." He drops it. A few minutes later and the kid is gone. Must have went home to tell about the pirate treasure. I was looking for him to come back, 'cause after that I didn't find squat!

Inside the wedding band it says 14K lohengrin. Any info. I did look it up. Found this. The ring isn't the same but it does give some info about lohengrin.
http://www.antiquejewelrymall.com/r877.html

Thanks for looking. Have a good day all. Off to eat some RAW Sushi. Ummmm.

Attachments

• school finds rings 001.jpg
    school finds rings 001.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 447
  • school finds rings 002.jpg
    school finds rings 002.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 451
  • school finds rings 003.jpg
    school finds rings 003.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 454
Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kas.....Those were some great finds...You know, kids are amazing little animals..You can't help but smile to yourself when you are telling them that you are looking for treasures...and how you know that "pirates" had to have been here..lol God only know what they go back and tell their parents about the man with that detector thing..lol HH and again..great finds.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Rockin' the schoolyard!

Congratulations on the silver and gold! Love the story!

Ridley

OP
OP
Kas

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys. it was fun.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great story and very nice rings.i havent found a ring for about a year now.i think i going to the beach.

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool! 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions