Gold Bars and Beaches

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

The geography of a beach is due in part to having a higher base than the immediate shoreline. Also the dunes rest upon even higher base. Just like the 'shelves' of a gold pan, the stratified coastal incline offers various spots for the treasures to collect. Like elements accumilate in like holes and like depths. If a gold coin is found there is a good chance others are near by. Same for beer bottles and cans. Anyway...just like Carter trying to clear the sand from the pharoh's entrance, just like divers trying to clear the sand off the ocean floor with mailboxes, so the same problem of accessing the beach treasure while keeping the sand from falling in the trench. I believe there is a ton of treasure right under the beaches. And I am getting ever so closer in creating a three step process to... :occasion14:

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy Z. said:
Thanks y'all.

I remember reading how Kip Wagner's cabin had to be moved back a hundred feet or more...this would indicate the old dune line is now under the beach. I suspect there might be a treasure trove located in specific spots.
CAPPY Z. ARE YOU NEAR THE TREASURE COAST? I HAVE PICTURES OF KIPS CABIN THAT I TOOK MYSELF. THAT STRETCH OF BEACH LOOKS NOTHING LIKE IT DID BACK IN THE DAY.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
spanish gold from treasure fleets is exactly what I was talking about --the wood hulled treasure vessels that carried the smaller gold bars , carried inshore on the huge waves caused by hurricanes * depending upon the wind direction , wave size and vessel size and how much it was carrying (depth /draft of the vessel) and the size of the sand dune at the time --it could have been blown over the top of a sand dune * the spanish colony fleet (1556) that was supposed to set up at pensacola (florida) was wrecked by a hurricane --one of their vessels was recorded to have been blown a good ways inshore by the storm. --so yes it is possible in my veiw that a spanish treasure vessel carrying smaller gold bars of the type the spanish made known as "finger bars" -- so called finger bars of gold could be washed ashore a good bit along with the vessel or wreckage debris from a vessel ( like a person's private wooden chest or such)

Well here's a question for you...
We all know that lots and lots of Gold and Silver coins have been found on the Florida Beaches, the real question is, does anyone know of Gold Bars being found on beaches in Florida...
If so, then the speculation would more be how it got there... via storm or via vessel washed ashore.

I am personally of the mind that a storm might be able to "move" a bar of gold, but it will more be tumbling along the bottom, until the force is no longer capable of moving it...
it's just too dense and heavy to be picked up and carried great distances...
My 2 cents...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
spanish salvors * made camps while salvaging shipwrecks ( the 1715 fleet is a prime exsample) --pirate's would often hit these camps (just as they did the 1715 fleet camps several times ) to help prevent the lost of the salvaged gold to a pirate raid -the salvors would often bury the bulk of the recovered treasure but leave a small amount of treasure above ground , so that way if pirates attacked-- the salvors could just run away and after the pirates took the small bit of above ground treasure and left -- the salvors simply returned to where the bulk of the treasure was buried at , and resumed their activity -- however if the raiders hit quickly and wiped out the salvors camp --they would only find the small above ground bit of treasure -- and since the salvors who buried it were now all dead --with no one knowing the burial location or that treasure was buried -- the bulk of the treasure that was buried * got left behind -- also crooked salvors where known to hide some of the treasure they were supposed to be recovering and return afterwards to recover it on the sly . some never made it back to recover their loot :wink: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

tarpon192 said:
Cappy Z. said:
Thanks y'all.

I remember reading how Kip Wagner's cabin had to be moved back a hundred feet or more...this would indicate the old dune line is now under the beach. I suspect there might be a treasure trove located in specific spots.
CAPPY Z. ARE YOU NEAR THE TREASURE COAST? I HAVE PICTURES OF KIPS CABIN THAT I TOOK MYSELF. THAT STRETCH OF BEACH LOOKS NOTHING LIKE IT DID BACK IN THE DAY.

Amigo! Would you mind posting a pic here re the Kip Cabin? Much appreciated.
Here is a pic around 1940 of the Corp blowing open the Inlet.

Attachments

• Seba19403.jpg
    Seba19403.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 625

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread