OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Come on guys ...It's just a 5,227,200 square feet to search. I could use a GPR unit but that would take months and maybe a year to search that much area. I would have to find an invester to help pay for the search. Now that I have ruled out that option whats next ?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on guys ...It's just a 5,227,200 square feet to search. I could use a GPR unit but that would take months and maybe a year to search that much area. I would have to find an invester to help pay for the search. Now that I have ruled out that option whats next ?
[/quote],
~~~~~~~

A: K ART, first down here a place that has 5+ ft of overburden that is easily excavated, is not readily found, sooo, first, I woud eliminate those areas that do not have this capability.

Next, I would concentrate on those that lie near a possible permanent marker, and on .

By the simple proceder of logcal eliination, you can cut your search area down to a practcal size.

Till Eulenspeigle - Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
This site is in the valley. The creek shows no sign of rocks and some of where it has cut through the rolling hills show no signs of large rocks. No large boulders. There are blackberries along the creek and large Oak trees everywhere. I checked the trees for markings and found nothing. There are 500 oak trees or more that could have been here 135 years ago.

I checked into Two Box Detectors and they are cheaper and faster to move and set up than a GPS. They are also would take a long time to find the treasure......Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Just like TV...Nothing but reruns...

Hey Jeff...I started this thread to show some of the options that treasure hunters have. The place was an old homestead where the law shot him. So I had a choices to make before I spent money and time on this project. As a physical dowser I had about 60 gold hits. Thats one of the draw backs of Physical Dowsing. It took a lot of time to eliminate all but 10 signals. I then followed the signals to the gold and checked the depth. Some were to shallow and some to deep. I was down to 6 targets. The next weekend I borrowed a White Two Box Detector and returned. I checked the spots and the bars were not there. The amount of gold was not worth digging.

If I would have had 5 or 6 bars of gold to help eliminate the signals I would have been on my way home in 30 minutes. ....Art

Vrent

Nov 30, 2004
surfside beach sc
aarthrj3811 said:
I have a question for the Skeptics...I have researched a story about a man that buried 10 bars of gold in 1870. After 5 years I have narrowed the location to a 120 acre plot of land. Common sense tells me that these bars of gold will be buried at least 5 feet deep. What tools should I use to locate this gold ???? ....Art

ground penetrating radar

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ground penetrating radar
[/quote]

A) Excellent idea, but it is slower than a conventionsl T/R detector and has as very limited depth range. It also requires a course in iterpretations both in both field and bank readings - i.e. expensive to rent, let alone buy

Till Eulenspeigle - Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Your right Dell....Until you know the location or are real close to it a GPR is useless. To search 120 acres I would have moved and set the GPR up 871,200 times. The odds of finding a treasure are not very good to start with and if I used the GUESS SYSTEM which is the Skeptics method
they would be .0000000. I will keep on enjoying my time in the hills and using my Dowsing Skills....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dispite being confused, ignorant, uneducated and a loser I will use any tool needed to do the task. I will not dig a 9 foot deep hole on a Guess. My rods tell me there is gold under my feet. I try to estimate how much is there using tools. I will not let Ideomotor Effects give me a guess-estimate. Am I stupid for not using the so called Ideomotor Effects. There is nothing wrong if thats the way you choose to Dowse. It's not my way. I am told that you can not control these feelings. Well gentlemen....Every day you control the IDEA'S that pop into your minds. We except the ideas or reject them. Sorry Charlie, Thats the way things work....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
As can clearly be noticed the Skeptics no nothing about Treasure Hunting. They no less about Dowsing Rods. They are always making jokes about Dowsing Rods covering hundreds of Square miles. The Truth About Dowsing Rods are that they have limits just like any tool. The distance that they will pick up an object is determined by the size of the object. I don't know how far a set of Dowsing Rods will pick up 1 ton of gold but I know it would be in miles and not hundreds of miles.

If we use Karl's truth about dowsing where an idea makes the rods cross and is the only way they will cross, your mind is telling you that the gold is hundreds of miles away. Good idea, you follow your mind and I will stick to my truth about dowsing....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thanks Jeff for the information and it didn't damage my belief system at all....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Good Question SWR. I know very little about Metal Detectors so I don't bother their forum. I am not saying that I am anti metal detectors as it is a good tool. Most treasures were buried many years ago and Mother Nature has seen fit to place a lot of soil on top of it. This leaves a metal detector out of the most searchs for long time buried treasures as they would be a lot deeper than 1 foot deep.

I know that I can pick up the signal from 1 flake of gold for 46 paces. I know I can pick up the signal from a 1/4 oz nugget for just over 1/4 mile. Until the day comes that I pick up a signal from a ton of gold, I will have to say that it will not be measured in inches but miles. It will not be measured in hundreds of miles as the skeptics proclaim....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Advertising ????????????/
I can't find any advertising. Where can I find it.? Sorry Charlie ----You seem to be the only one that see's it....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Karl....Your Quotes seem to be getting a little confused again. Is that by design or a product of Ideomotor Effects ? Did you learn that in debating 101?...Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I have a better question...

What happened to all the BS about stepping on N., S., E. West lines radiating from the Gold, and then getting an L-rod indication and either following it to the source, or triangulating and locating the source
C'mon, Art!
Either that works... OR IT DOESN'T!
If the Gold bars are still in the ground, I guess it doesn't....

Gee Karl....My Dowsing Methods worked like they always do. Unlike you my brain power didn't tell me where the gold bars were at. Hop a plane, you can come to California and make a quick MILLION. You won't find it on that 120 acres but you already know that. ....Art

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
getting back to your original question- for skeptics I believe- If it were me and I was FOR SURE there was 5 or 6 gold bars buried, I'd wait until summer and check the area well with geo-thermal imaging, a little after sunset. Then check out the hot spots with a two box.

I have no idea whether dowsing works or not, but judging by the amount of arguing and lack of pics.... I would just say that IF it were me..... I'd definately spend my money elsewhere.

Just my two cents-

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT SAY THAT YOU ALWAYS GET AN INDICATION WHEN STANDING (WITH YOUR HEELS) ON ONE OF THE FOUR CARDINAL POINT SIGNAL LINES THAT RADIATE FROM ALL BURIED TREASURE?
ps: How do you know for sure there are gold bars buried within the confines you describe? Did your dowsing tell you that?

You are learning a little about Dowsing. Yes that was the method I used. At the end of two days my Dowsing Rods and a Two Box Detector told me that the Bars were not on the property. No guessing, use of random odds or telling my rods to find the bars. Just good sound search proceedures....Art

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread