Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup and I'll remind ya. It was an great hunt . Can you post some of the pictures of the coin hunt? :coffee2:
Extractor

OP
OP
frank

frank

Sep 4, 2004
N.W. Arizona
Detector(s) used
ML 3500,Whites GMT,Gold Bug I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a few,,,, there were over 60 people in the hunt going for 150 different prizes and it was all free for everyone no costs.

Attachments

• OUTING and GOLD 031.jpg
    OUTING and GOLD 031.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 625
  • OUTING and GOLD 056.jpg
    OUTING and GOLD 056.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 612
  • OUTING and GOLD 072.jpg
    OUTING and GOLD 072.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 642
  • OUTING and GOLD 080.jpg
    OUTING and GOLD 080.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 653
  • OUTING and GOLD 081.jpg
    OUTING and GOLD 081.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 624
  • OUTING and GOLD 090.jpg
    OUTING and GOLD 090.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 620

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Lanny in AB said:
I agree that the gold is beautiful as well, but what's the story behind it? I love to read gold tales!

All the best,

Lanny

The story behind it is in the pictures, you have to look closer and read to be able to describe the situation.
From what it looks like, a group of people decided to gather and endevour to have a good time.

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
HEY Lanny,

While on the river I find particular interest in the snake catchers. Somehow they never get any snakes, yet me, as a foreman prospector, I know most all the snake holes and what kinds are in each.
Several times I've had milk snakes hang out at the site just waiting until my pounding got hard enough to swim off.
Then on the other hand, the copperheads recoil at my sight... I've let a few out of my grasp before, but I don't want to kill snakes, especially since they just fear the same.
And Once settled in, only a fast flow of water will revive the rumble of the sluice, the slow fall of leaves and the chill of the darkening skies while sifting through bedrock and river sand.

And then the hammer drops and I see a giant oreo cookie.. It's like the geothermal vein decided to intrude this specific location, dazzled with minerals and opalescent imperialism tied into the exact nature of the gold bearing ore itself.. A dangerous land.

_fires_eye

OP
OP
frank

frank

Sep 4, 2004
N.W. Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny in AB said:
FiresEye: Well let me be slightly more specific then--what's the story behind the nuggets and specimens on the plate? Were they part of the prizes (if so--great prizes!)--were you there--or does anyone that was there have any gold hunting tales they're willing to share? That's about it.

All the best,

Lanny

Greetings Lanny, The nuggets and speci's belonged to an ol timer who joined in with us at the outing he has hunted the general areas for years and decidew to show us some of his "poke".
As far as gold hunting tales, quite a few of us found nuggets and meteorites while attending the outing some found their first nug or meteorite which is always a great experience to share.
I was up there camped for 6 days.
We all had a blast and if you lived closer I'm sure you would have been there. Maybe we'll get to meet you in the future
Frank C. from Arizona.

OP
OP
frank

frank

Sep 4, 2004
N.W. Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you on vacation from Texas ??

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Frank--thanks for your kind update. Man, I would have loved to have been there to listen to that Ol'timer tell his tales of those great finds on that plate--those are some seriously nice finds. And, I'd imagine that after six days, you guys had some fascinating stories to tell as well. Furthermore, those first finds really are magical.

I agree--if I lived closer--I'd have been out there with you. The last time I was at Gold Basin (a couple of years ago) we saw a pretty large camping site--maybe that's where you guys camp too.

By the way, that Gold Basin area is a fascinating geological zone--lots of old test pits, shafts, hard-rock mines, and of course, the ubiquitous dry-wash piles. As well, that's where I was first introduced to trumpet plants too--nature's little indicator flora.

All the best,

Lanny

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Lanny, I was there. Very much enjoyed it. There are 11 troy ounces of gold on that plate. A beautiful sight. Nice place, nice friends, nice fun. TTC

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Say Terry--it's great to get the particulars. That looks like the whole event must have been a blast. Nothing better than getting together with a group of people that love doing the same thing, and it's always more fun when you're finding the gold to boot!

All the best,

Lanny

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread