Upvote 0

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if your sure thats gold then do not worry about crushing it now, its already at your house, get back to that river and secure as many more as you can.

Then you have a nice winter project.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does it set off a metal detector? Looks like pyrite to me. Try testing it with a metal detector.

OP
OP
C

Crashcrew

Apr 24, 2017
Hesperus, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it set off a metal detector? Looks like pyrite to me. Try testing it with a metal detector.

I just took it outside to a clean area with the detector (White's Spectrum XLT with rainbow coil) and ran it in two different modes. First one was the jewelry/coin mode. It gives off a very quite hum when passing over the exposed "gold" which is the same thing it does when I put my vial over the coil. Then I switched it to prospecting mode which is basically the all metal mode. This machine isn't supposed to give a number on any tone except for gold. I know it's not absolute all the time but it gave off a strong signal of +89.

OP
OP
C

Crashcrew

Apr 24, 2017
Hesperus, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are two more pictures through a jewelers loop. Some does seem like pyrite but other stuff has the signature gold colors.

Attachments

• IMG_4669.JPG
    IMG_4669.JPG
    905.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4670.JPG
    IMG_4670.JPG
    798.3 KB · Views: 136

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Simple rock crusher...Pipe with a cap that fits inside a larger diameter pipe positioned atop a piece of plate steel. Break the rock with a sledge into small enough pieces to fit into the larger pipe. The shards can be smashed to dust by slamming the capped pipe down on them after they are loaded into the larger pipe. Screen and pan like sized material.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Crashcrew

Apr 24, 2017
Hesperus, Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simple rock crusher...Pipe with a cap that fits inside a larger diameter pipe positioned atop a piece of plate steel. Break the rock with a sledge into small enough pieces to fit into the larger pipe. The shards can be smashed to dust by slamming the capped pipe down on them after they are loaded into the larger pipe. Screen and pan like sized material.

Good luck.

I just bought a rock crusher online! Hopefully it gets here soon because I have a lot of rock to crush

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread