Gold Buyers

jkon

Tenderfoot
Apr 14, 2008
Hi Guys and Gals. I have posted here before but most often just like to read about and enjoy pics of your finds. Can anyone out there recommend a good reputable on-line junk jewelery gold and silver buyer? I had thought Cashfor GoldUSA was good according to TV news reviews but they were only going to pay me 50% of spot value which I do not think is very fair. Thanks so much.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi jkon. Welcome to T-Net. :hello:

I moved your topic to this board. Check out some of the posts here for other options on selling precious metals. You will be able to way better than 50%. Others will probably be along to share advice.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Review the past posts in this section. I've never sold junk gold and silver, but I seem to recall some advice being offered about refineries (Midwest comes to mind, and possibly a member... jewelerdave??). Yeah, I'd start by reviewing past posts. Those TV gold buyers and usually newspaper advertisers are rip-offs.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive heard from other folks that ARA refinery is good seeing how they pay 98% of true melt...the thing is no gold jewelery is exactly 14k...so u might get less since its 98% TRUE MELT...I have a gold buyer which I consider my Boss and he pays me 93% hallmark and with Cash.. and it works for me seeing how I dont need to worry about shipping or TRUE MELT VALUE or when the refiner locks in that days market and not having to cash in a check.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ARA all the way... DONT waste your time with ANY of the "Cash for Gold" schemes out there. Go straight to the refiners, and I have found ARA to be the best. Midway is okay, but payout less than the good folks at ARA..
They will even return your gold to you in pure form (less 2%), OR, will purify it, hold it for you, and then cash you out when you want them to (like when the market spot price is where you want it)....
If you need any more info on them (like actual owners email, etc.) PM me and I will pass it on to you..

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I typically buy at 95% outright and pay 97 to 98 after assay depending on how much you send in. No refining fees
On sterling silver I pay 85 to 90% depending on how much you send in. also, no refining fees.

I just launched a web site www.prospectorsgoldandgems.com It has a lot more info on there, I have done quite a bit of business with other Tnet members in the past and have helped them to get honest pay on there junk.

If you have any questions let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread