Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP WS4 Wireless Headphones,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out with NEPA Don who can never remember his password to get on Tnet. He has been having a lesser of a year and been a bit frustrated. After talking him into just going back to our old ways and heading for the woods. He agreed and the guy was like a silver sniper 6 silver coins. 2 Barber Quarters, barber dime, 2 mercs and an OD Nickel (War Nickel). He also scored 5 V nickels, and 2 Buffs.
As for me. I didn't do well on the coin end. Just an 1892 IH, and 3 wheats. Got another 3 ring bullet. But my best find was a 10K Cameo Ring found in the area Don found all his barbers and V Nicks. I thought because of being found there it must be old til I saw the 10K stamp. Does anyone know when the Karat system started?
image.jpg . image.jpg

Here is Dons score for the day. A record silver day for him.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 31

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You and Don both had great hunts. Yeah, I would say that works!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful Cameo Ring... I would say late 1800's on the ring... K started long before that I believe. Just the stamp does look modern..but you have a better, closer picture..? I dug one Cameo this year and it came out of the hole with a battered purse and 3 coins dating it around the late 1800's also..mine was unmarked but tested 10k...your coins are from the same era so that for me would put it in the same time frame...Good Luck and Congrads on the treasure..

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and Don both had great hunts. Yeah, I would say that works!

You have to PM your schedule. As you know I randomly get the chance to get out cause my schedule varies. We would love to have you up this end of the valley

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Cameo Ring... I would say late 1800's on the ring... K started long before that I believe. Just the stamp does look modern..but you have a better, closer picture..? I dug one Cameo this year and it came out of the hole with a battered purse and 3 coins dating it around the late 1800's also..mine was unmarked but tested 10k...your coins are from the same era so that for me would put it in the same time frame...Good Luck and Congrads on the treasure..
Thanks OBN! I am thinking the same thing. Late 1800's early 1900's. The stamp close up looks sloppy. More like it was carved in. The Zero is uneven and the K is very sloppy, uneven and extends down below the 10.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe you guys found an old picnic area or drinking party place in the woods, that's a great amount of awesome finds you both made
I really like that ring!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looking ring, I would guess late 1800s as well.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe you guys found an old picnic area or drinking party place in the woods, that's a great amount of awesome finds you both made
I really like that ring!
Thanks! Nope not a picnic area or drinking area. Let's just say people would gather in the area a few times a year and hold church service. It is one of the highest mountain points in the local community. Guess they were trying to get closer to God.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great filigree ring... most of this style/design were made between the 1890's and the 1930's. IMO it is closer to the 30's... great find!

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome ring. I have a special place in my heart for cameo's, when I was kid I would always get one for mother for her birthday or Christmas. When she passed away I got what she still had. Finding one is right at the top of my bucket list, who needs big $$$ items when you have memories?

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds for both of you guys. That ring is awesome.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats to the NePa's. :occasion14: Awesome site, great hunt, and some dream finds. :notworthy: You guys killed it. 14 months of hunting and I have only pulled 2 Barbers (1 dime & 1 quarter), and no V-nickles. I do believe there was some hanky-panky going on at that mountain top.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great filigree ring... most of this style/design were made between the 1890's and the 1930's. IMO it is closer to the 30's... great find!
Thanks for the info. I have never heard of filigree before.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ring. I have a special place in my heart for cameo's, when I was kid I would always get one for mother for her birthday or Christmas. When she passed away I got what she still had. Finding one is right at the top of my bucket list, who needs big $$$ items when you have memories?
What a great way to show your love. I bet your mother would always get excited in the anticipation of what kind of Cameo you would find for her. To be able to have an item in your bucket list that has so much personal meaning is awesome. It will be one emotional day when you find yours. Best of luck in your future hunts.

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to the NePa's. :occasion14: Awesome site, great hunt, and some dream finds. :notworthy: You guys killed it. 14 months of hunting and I have only pulled 2 Barbers (1 dime & 1 quarter), and no V-nickles. I do believe there was some hanky-panky going on at that mountain top.
Thanks Loco! Lol. Funny cause About a half mile from this location. We found a bunch of silver coins and MerryWidows tins

OP
OP
Nepa-Will

Nepa-Will

Nov 15, 2014
Northeast, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus + 9" Coil
XP MI-6 Pinpointer,
XP Remote
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
between will and don?

maybe

Hahaha! If you were allowed to go detecting you would have been there too. But the whip was cracking at your house. We all know you where the pants in your family, except that they only come in shorts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread