Gold certificates

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
I was wondering what the general value of a U.S. gold certificate might be. Yesterday, I was talking to my cousin who was cleaning out his moms house for an estate auction. I was interested in a few things she had, but the kids kept those few things. I asked if she had any old coins. He said not really, but she did have a few silver and one gold certificate. He said he might sell me the gold certificate. He didn't have it in hand, so he didn't know anything about it. I am guessing its a '20'. I would like to make him a fair offer on it. I think him and I would be alright with any fair offer. Im not going to sell it, just want it for sentimental reasons. Neither him or I know anything about them, and we wont spend much time researching. Any ideas on what a fair offer might be? Thanx in advance.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many variables come into play. Condition, year of issue, denomination, large or small size note, National bank note or Federal Reserve note, etc. Also is it an actual gold certificate or just a green seal note that says "Redeemable in gold on demand such as this one, need more info.- gold certificate 20 | eBay

$_57.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread