Gold Chain I LOST 5-7 years ago

x1fstsolx

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Have been a jeweler for a few years and about 5-7 years ago I was at a maryland beach and lost a 26" gold chain i have picture to verify it was mine. I was young and dumb to take it to that beach. I have just said i will never find it and i searched the water where i was for 2 hours and paid a metal detector to search for hour. I almost think in is a lost cause.
for a description of the Necklace
26" figarurucci (not your standard figaro link) 10k gold
Handcuff clasp
if my memory is correct 93.6 grams
My jewelers cost was quite low compared to retail: $7500 today 11 years ago 3,000
Kays jewelers carry in standard 22" i had mine special ordered in 26" So great chance of being one of a kind
i owned this necklace from 18 yrs old till 22 - 23 when i lost it i am now 29 and trying to find an honest treasure hunter to help me return it?
i have the streets that i was at during my day trip to the beach but it could have been washed up or down the beach

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on getting that chain back,7 years ago, a lot of chains have been found in the past 7 years. Good luck

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Question was it wetsand, drysand, in the water, Ocean, Bay? Interesting to see what kind of movement after 7 years

Miss read your post, My guess is it is out there still if it was OC....lotta gold in those sands.

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

x1fstsolx

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea i know it is a shot in the dark, I left if go for way to long and prob sold multiply times but its worth a try right. Wet sand I was helping my cousin on a bogie board when my Grandpa and I took my two very young cousins to the beach. I was on dry land all day and wave took out my cousin i went in to help and next wave got us both carrying cousin and board to sand i realized i had lost my prized necklace.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy you paid to look for it may not have been honest...if you knew where you lost it, he should have had a good chance of finding a chain that heavy.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Okay, you went into the water to help your cousin. How deep were you when the wave hit, what time of day was it and was the tide coming in or going out? You might think it is a strange series of questions to ask, but if it was high tide when it happened and you were in waist deep water with a 5 foot tide change then the chain was in the wet sand during low tide and probably found by someone. However, if it was dead low tide when the wave hit, and you were in waist deep water, then the chain will always be under the water until a sever storm might move it toward shore, farther out or along the beach. Good luck finding it. Papa

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The necklace will not "wash up" anywhere. Gold is too heavy for that .... BUT ... there is a lot of sand movement and storm effects which will determine where the chain is resting today (assuming it hasn't been found).

Though chances are slim it still would be worth it to try at the location of loss and spiral out. There might be other good stuff to find too.

Good luck to you.

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
the chance that the chan is way too deep under the sand OR has been found is 99%+

sorry

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless it has large links or a pendant attached, a chain is not easy to find. Most detectors won't notice it because it "sees" only each link.....not the whole chain. Small links are seen as mineralized ground and ignored by many machines. With whatever machine you try, test it with a similar chain to see if the machine will give a good signal or you'll waste your time trying to find it. There's a chance it's still there but after that amount of time, it could be buried too deep to find unless a storm comes through to wash the sand away. Hit the area at a big minus tide and hope for the best!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread