dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I put my 14KT gold chain on the ground and passed my MD over it I got. A sold 45 with the chain stretched out in discriminat mode and nothing with it all ballad up but a 15 to 25 I all metal mode . So of I go to the beach looking for jewelry I need to be in all metal mode ? what do you think is the best way to search for jewelry like chang and rings

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
dusty, if you do forum-word-searches on "gold chains", you will find other posts on this subject. Finer/smaller/thinner gold chains (especially tinsel-thin fine dainty ones) are a bear to pick up. This is because the machine is trying to see them as individual links. You'd have to scrunch the links up REAL tight in a ball (or melt them all together), to have them read as a singular solitary object.

It depends on the size and weight of the gold chain in question. You want to post a pix of it? Because bigger "Mr. T" style gold chains won't give as much problems. Because the individual links are sizable enough. But yes, for dainty fine chains, you might have to go all-metal. Gold rings and such don't pose the same problem.

OP
OP
dusty1530

dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I is a small gold chain not very heavy

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why a lot of people dig all signals, the small gold doesn't read very well sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread