Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Been in a mini-slump for gold and nothing I could do would work. So I decided to do some change-ups. This can be good as it seems to freshen the attitude also.

Last week my first change-up got me a 5 link portion of a gold chain amounting to 3.6 grams. And yes I did a thorough search for the rest of it. That unusual spot was strange because I didn't find much of anything else... but as they say ... gold is good.

Then yesterday very close to a favorite spot of mine, but not exactly, I was thinking gold ring and 5 minutes later I got this gold Claddagh ring. This has been on my wish list for a few years. I've gotten 4 or 5 silver ones and I've been wanting a gold one very much. It's a 9K and weighed in at 4.2 grams. It's stamped on the inside "Made in Ireland".

Gotta Love this hobby!

DSC02207a.jpg

Upvote 0

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
What a beautiful claddagh ring. My first gold was a claddagh that I found in the grassy strips of a parking lot at the local high school. Great find! Also- that chain looks to be possibly high karat gold. (It's orange-ish)- have you had it tested? Congrats again!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Great post, Dr. Joe , and beautiful gold finds!

Lorraine

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
My goodness!!! 3.8grams with only 5 links, that sounds like a monster chain. Guess it could have been a bracelet, but still quite heavy if it were gold... Go find the rest... HH, Beach Papa

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
My goodness!!! 3.8grams with only 5 links, that sounds like a monster chain. Guess it could have been a bracelet, but still quite heavy if it were gold... Go find the rest... HH, Beach Papa

Well my buddy, who detects similar places, just showed me a ten link portion of chain he found a few months ago. If his will be 7.2 grams we just might have a match. That would be real cool!

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice.

My wedding ring is a Claddagh. My wife's wedding ring is a Claddagh with an emerald heart.

The Claddagh is worn on the right hand with the heart's point facing toward the finger tips if one is foot-loose and fancy free. If one is promised to another, then the ring is worn with the heart's tip facing toward the wrist. In a traditional Claddagh wedding ceremony, the ring is changed to the left hand and the point of the heart faces the wrist to signify that the bride and groom are eternally bound. My wife and I had just such a ceremony. So... when we had the wedding pictures taken... what did my wife suggest?

wedding5.jpg

Yep, she had me right where she wanted me. But, she's a keeper. :)

Attachments

• wedding.jpg
    wedding.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a Claddagh ring too about a month ago. A guy I know told me he believes it is silver. Now I want to find a gold Claddagh ring! Sweet find!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your gold Claddagh ring...I got a 14k Claddagh last year and my wife is wearing it...one of my favorite finds.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds. Congratulations. Another item on my wish list.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find. I think an attitude adjustment isn't a bad idea. Know the gold slump too well ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread