Gold Claim

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
go on the blm geocacher site LR2000. It will give you information where claims were and active now it is pretty accrurate, it shows claims We had that we let lapse.
they have all the forms you need

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, please check with the BLM. Online records can take up to TWO YEARS to update.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call your local BLM and obtain their manual on Claiming Property on BLM administered lands. The process,examples,laws forms and everything is there. Being a federal agency you'd think the rules would be the same from state to state(no way) and east a the rockies is really buggered up. Your local county tax acessor and redorder are your best bet. When you think you have a site,you can(in some states)order info over the phone and pay with a CC or drive to your home office,in Calif. it's in Sacramento. Educate and prosper. MANY things to learn and buying a claim is the absolute worst. I've helped dozens try to get their $$ back from claim hustlers,paper claimers. My own claims have been sold by 1 crook over a dozen times. He now walks kinda funny and stays outta the county.Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.
deeotto said:
I'm just curious, how does one find a gold claim and how do you file one?

I didn't see your location in your profile, but if you happened to be in British Columbia, Canada, you could "stake" your gold claim online. All you would need to know is where you want to stake your claim and then go to the Gold Commissioner's website and see if it is available. If it is, then you could have it staked in a matter of seconds.

F.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread