gold clubs and claims in Arizona

luke1049

Greenie
Jan 3, 2005
Fort Worth TX
Hi guys,

I am hoping to make my first gold detecting trip out to AZ this March and will visit the Wickenburg and Quartzite areas. From what I see on the internet it almost looks like everywhere you step you will be on some club or persons claim. I only plan to make it out there a week or two a year till I retire so it seems a bit of an added expense to join club(s). Are there still plenty of open areas to prospect in the placer areas? I'm already a GPAA member; can you suggest one or two other AZ clubs that might be particularily good for someone who is only visiting for the short time each year that I am.

Cheers and Happy Hunting to All,

Upvote 0

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the Road Runners club has a ton of claims in the Wickenburg area.

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
there are a lot of places open for anyone to use.I go out every year to the South slope of the Bradshaw Mts. between Prescott an Congress Jct by the little town of Wilhoit Az.1/2 mile south of Kirkland Jct. turn east on dirt county turns into a paved road follow till you pass the TK Bar ranch headquarters on the right turn left next road towards Crooks Canyon follow road to Trails End Mill Site I have found NUGGETS FLAKES FLOUR GOLD for about three miles down stream from there is part time water I use a dredge an dry washer I am usually there in May till the end of June there are alot of goldbearing gulchs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread