Gold Coin at boat launch

M

mchamby

I was unloading my boat out of my Jeep Thursday and looked down on the ground where the boat was going to sit and I found what looks like a gold coin in a silver washer with writing on it. I can't imagine who might have been on my mothers property that might have lost it out of their pocket. On the silver colored washer it reads Elizabeth II , D G Regina 1996. Picture of Elizabeth II on front Polar bear on back. On the silver on the back is Canada 2 dollars. The coin in the center appears to be gold a little smaller than a dime. The coin has not writing on it and does not seem to be greatly worn. I looked on ebay to see if they had anything similar and found this. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3382&item=8314469107&rd=1
It is exactly like mine but has writing on the coin itself. Is it a copy do you think or did I find something good FINALLY????
Mchamby
Sorry can't put a pic on the computer. I live in Vermont so finding something Canadian is not unusual

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find but sorry, it isn't gold. You found what the Canadians call a Toonie, a Canadian 2 dollar coin. We have the 2 Euro coin here in Germany, when hunting clad, find a few of those and the totals add up quick. HH, Mike

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Thanks for the info, sorry to hear its not gold though.
Mchamby

F

Floater

Now how do you know its not gold. The Ebay one says it is, or did I read it wrong. Nice coin though. I like thae Polar bear and style they minted it in. HH

OP
OP
M

mchamby

Hi Lance,
I haven't been able to out with the new Detector except at our treasure hunters salted hunt. I had to have someone dig for me (had major ABD sx and haven't been able to lift or bend 6 weeks ago)(not suppose to be lifting my canoe either but I can't stand being in the house). Anyway I found 16 silver coins at the hunt and came in at a little better than the average person. Thats not bad when they have been hunting years and I've only been doing it for a little over a year. By the way nice story you have in East and Western mag. You do have a good area there, glad your brother had a good time.
Mchamby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread