onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
GOLD COIN!!! (Updated Photo's)

I always wanted to find a gold coin, and I finally did. I was an hour and forty minutes into a 2 hour hunt when I dug the gold coin. Man it made my day. The coin is a 1915 Austria 1 Ducat with "Franc iOS IDG Avstriae Imperator" on the front. It is .986 fine (23 3/4 carats). The site I got my info said this about the coin "among the highest purity gold coins ever issued for circulation". The bezel is stamped .750 (18k).

I also dug a 3 gram platinum ring.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• CIMG0994.JPG
    CIMG0994.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 645
  • CIMG0995.JPG
    CIMG0995.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 564
  • CIMG0997.JPG
    CIMG0997.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:
Upvote 0
awesome find Onthespot you have my Banner vote here, a gold coin is a rare find bezel or not

WOW!!! Fabulous finds!

Congrats...banner for sure!

Lorraine

Great find! The 1915 is a restrike that is made to this day, so it could be made anytime. It is made kind of like the Maria Theresa Thaler.

That is awesome that it got voted a Banner find. It is my favorite find in 16 years of detecting. I can't wait to get back out there and find the chain, but I am stuck at the hospital until July 2nd. It makes it hard because I am on the top floor and the hospital sits on top of a high hill and I can see both coasts and 3 beaches that I have never hunted from my window.

YOU found 2 of my favorite colors: Gold & Platinum! Congratulations on 2 great finds, and for making a well deserved BANNER! :hello2: Breezie

WOW!!!! anything else I can say will sound lame.

I bet losing that ruined somebody's day. Congrats. That is one of the things we are all looking to find.

Don

Glad to see you got that banner and hope you get well soon.

Congrates on your banner find get well soon

Phenomenal coin and the ring is nice also!!

Plat and gold coin, still looking for both. Congrats!!!! What a thrill. Glad for you!! Cindy

Congrats on the nice Gold !! Ducat issues go back to the thirteenth C.

Banner find all the way!! I'm still looking for the plat myself >>.

Nothing like seeing a shiny gold coin coming out looking like new
smiley.gif

Apologies for my earlier 1930s info, it only pertained to the 1915 4 Ducat issues...

Last edited:
Steelheadwill, you have some amazing finds also!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back