Gold Country Panning/Nugget Hunting

dmc161

Dec 8, 2007
Fremont, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT
Over the last few weeks we've made a couple of trips up to the Gold Country, just outside of Sonora/Columbia. Both were to claims from the GPAA guide. We didn't have much luck at either, although there was a guy at the second one that was getting some small flakes. We are new at panning and metal detecting for gold but hopefully a little practice and more knowledge will help us on future trips.

These are from the claim that's open to the public at the So. Fork Stanislaus (CA-38 in the book):
CA38.jpg

CA38a.jpg

CA38b.jpg

CA38c.jpg

CA38d.jpg

These are from our second trip up there, this time to the claim on CA-75, SFS954:

CA75.jpg

CA75a.jpg

CA75c.jpg

CA75b.jpg

CA75e.jpg

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
definitely beautiful country! Thanks for sharing...and as for that being new stuff...you will get the hang of it! We were lost until we went to an outting and we learned a LOT and of course will always always have a lot to learn! There are lots of videos on youtube that are helpful as well. You will get it! Thanks for taking us along on the trip with ya!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very pretty I'd love to let my gopher instincts get "wild" there. ;D :thumbsup:

Rancho Leo

Apr 26, 2007
Rancho Cordova, California
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I was there a couple of years ago and panned a bit, only found a little color but had a lot of fun showing my daughter how to pan.

GALT1073

Attachments

• P7061397.JPG
    P7061397.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 232

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread