gold diamonds and pearls

Pickpan

Nov 17, 2009
Nor Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Hope my title wasn't overkill. :occasion18: Amongst the heap of aluminum frogs I dug up this weekend, I found this little princess. I thought it was a lead fishing weight initially and threw it into the pocket. A little warm water and a soft bristle toothbrush later it turned out to be this. I'm guessing it's a pendant. When I get the time, I'll have it checked out to see if the diamonds and pearls are real and if it's gold plated or solid. Bummer the one diamond fell out. Any thoughts? pendant 009.JPG pendant 011.JPG

Upvote 1

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The picture looks like costume jewelry. Gold doesn't rust like the loop looks like it has, and the diamond looks like it's got reflective material on the bottom part.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with BosnMate,
it looks kinda "brassy". Also, real diamonds are usually "set with prongs", not glued in.
I always hate, when the diamonds in the things I find, fall out! :BangHead: :laughing7: Usually means they ain't real.
If there is a marking on it, it would probably be real real small, on the post. Sometimes the mark can wear down over time, and barely be seen.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be my take on it also. Still nice finds, cause you never know when that little metal ball with all the glitz will be the real deal!!! Then we get to see your happy dance! You do have to post that, you know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions