Gold exploration montana!

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Main story for Billings gazette today is about a company wanting to drill north of Yellowstone park in what was the crevasse mining area, looking for gold deposits. The story mentions emigrant gulch where another company is hoping to find gold, silver or copper. Ironic that both areas are covered in the book I have close to releasing on this portion of the state. One has a cache of high graders gold, the other has a mother lode that was never rediscovered by early prospectors who were forced out by hostiles. Billings Gazette Thursday October 27 2016 article: gold exploration would be surgical, locals want to prevent the plans from being carried out.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is "Green Meanie" territory. It is going to be expensive and time consuming to get permits. :skullflag:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is "Green Meanie" territory. It is going to be expensive and time consuming to get permits. :skullflag:
Ya got that right. This gold deposit in MT, has been an ongoing topic of debate for years now. I just found out recently of this rare earth deposit in Nebraska. Elk Creek Niobium mine could be operational by late 2016 | netnebraska.org

About a year and a have ago this one fella that deals with me from time to time calls and says he's been prospecting in the the region of Gold Hill Utah and rediscovered an old Tungsten deposit to claim. He went around with samples to prospective buyers of tungsten and found some who were willing to put money into his venture and now he's living the dream out in the middle of nowhere. The term "Gold Mine" draws to much attention from the tree huggers anymore. Don't just look for gold out there.

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Main story for Billings gazette today is about a company wanting to drill north of Yellowstone park in what was the crevasse mining area, looking for gold deposits. The story mentions emigrant gulch where another company is hoping to find gold, silver or copper. Ironic that both areas are covered in the book I have close to releasing on this portion of the state. One has a cache of high graders gold, the other has a mother lode that was never rediscovered by early prospectors who were forced out by hostiles. Billings Gazette Thursday October 27 2016 article: gold exploration would be surgical, locals want to prevent the plans from being carried out.

"...gold exploration would be surgical"...?
or should they say, "careful"? :laughing7:
I bet the local tree-huggers will protest highly, though...!
The gold is there, alright...!
The economy could use a boost by this venture, but environmentally...?

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I got the book i was doing up online in kindle. Plenty of ways to market it here in this state. But I will hold off from doing so for now. I want to get the next two sections done in kindle version, then rework it into a paperback version. Coming up is another kindle book on a treasure in the Midwest that does not seem to have been covered in a long time. Course I can't mention titles due to I have not set up any advertising on this site, so I will honor those who have done so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread