GOLD ? Fiat pin unearthed today ......

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Wow !!

Had a neighbor ask me why i never asked to detect her yard before & then told me to go ahead and "have at it".

Below is a pin that I found right away with the Ace 250 & dug at 4". HOLY CANOLE BATMAN !! :o

Pin appears to have some sort of gemstone inserted in it ( looks to me like a pink sapphire )
I scanned the back ( no easy task ;) ) to reveal a 10K marking along with what must be the manufactor's Mark.

Anyone ever seen something like this ??

Guess it was a good 5 minutes spent, huh ? :D

fiat.jpg

fiata.jpg

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one. I use to own and drive a Fiat. I think that was a pin given to the top salesman or something on that order. Monty

OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
Monty said:
Nice one.? I use to own and drive a Fiat.? I think that was a pin given to the top salesman or something on that order.? Monty

You could very well be right Monty ... makes sense.

I am absolutely STUNNED the gemstone was still intact & Thank God I did not damage it digging. THIS is why a pinpoint feature & knowing how to cut a plug comes in handy.? ?:D

The only Fiat I ever bought for my own use was a '76 Sport Spyder Convertable. Had a ball with it !!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Very nice M.Y., but I think it was a pin for length of employment. Probably like a five year or ten year pin. Definately a really nice pin. Congrats...Lance

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find.

OP
OP
M

Mississippi Yankee

Jul 22, 2005
Petal MS
ctalmadg said:
Nice gold!!!! If you were here in Rochester you could celebrate with a Genny Cream Ale and a Tahoe Garbage Plate!

Ah, man you are KILLING me !! & on a Saturday night, no less.

Yep, let's all meet at Nick Tahoes. ;) ;D

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Man.....if one of my neighbors asked me why I haven't hunted in their yard before......I'd do the Nestea plunge and fall over right in the driveway!!! Very cool find!! Congrats!!!

Happy Hunting,

Moon

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find!

hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread