Gold found on vacation!!!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Way to go, trgams. Looks like pretty good color you got there :-) Did you see any highbankers there, too? All the best to you.

Darren in NC

OP
OP
T

trgams

Apr 21, 2003
Columbia, SC, USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
No, didn't see any highbankers, this was a roadside stand where you could purchase a sample of concentrates and pan it out yourself....for all I know they just dug up a little sand and added the nuggets afterward while bagging it. It sure was fun though, your heart really gets pumping when you see that glint of gold in your pan!!! :) When I got home I got on the internet and signed up for the Gold Prospectors Of America...They have a weekly show on the Outdoor Channel that I like to watch...Membership to the club includes access to claims that the club owns, to search for Gold on. When I get all the material, I plan on going out and try to find some of my own!!! Can't wait to get it, I'll let you all know how it turns out! Cheers! :)

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
Welcome to the GPAA trgams, the gold bug really bit you hard it seems, yes there are chapters all over the US and places to go and meet good folks,find some gold, metal detect etc,been a member for 9 years,have mined all over the US before that then went that route since it is harder to find open ground to go to. The GPAA supports all outdoor activities and has a lobby for land rights etc. No other Treasure org. has one as active as this. You made a good choice for sure. If you want to learn and have good success you started in the right place. Good luck
Hardrock ;D

OP
OP
T

trgams

Apr 21, 2003
Columbia, SC, USA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hey! Thanks alot Hardrock and Detectoman, I got all my stuff the otherday, and am already scoping out sites in South Carolina to check out! I can't wait to go and check them out!! See Ya! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread