fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awhile ago I suggested to Mad Marshall that he should think about offering guided prospecting trips. Then I was reading another post by clay diggins about educating the public and introducing new folks to prospecting and mining. I totally agree and see the necessity of what he said. Well that has been kicking around pretty good in the back of my brain. What are the legalities? What licenses would be required? On the public mining areas would you have to apply for a concession? Bond, insurance, liability wavers? I use to do a lot of introduction hunts for waterfowl, mostly noobie adults and college kids. I love teaching and sharing my passions with those who have the interest. Like it or not we are in the publics eye, and the view they're getting is not a good one. I think we can do a better job of setting the public straight and show a more realistic and common sense side of mining. Plus it won't take much to show the clients better results then what they see on tv- thank you Jungle Gold!

Upvote 0

rocme44

Sep 4, 2013
AZ, N.CA
Detector(s) used
AT, Goldbug2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I Like your thoughts and have them many times.
I also have them about nature photography and ATV trips.

It's a good way to share something that you enjoy.

Thanks

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
There are a number of people in Denver (and the surrounding mountains) who do this. They know places in Denver (Clear Creek areas that are open for recreational prospecting) and up in the mountains, some sites allowing powered gear (within reason and state laws). Many Charge $100 a day for a few people and they provide pans/sluices to use during that time.

If you know where someone can go and always find some gold, then this may be an opporitunity for you, however, the 2 people I know that do this would starve to death if it was their only income source.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread