maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, I've come across a few of those that were nice and tossed them back out into the wild. Maybe I'll start keeeping them for our next garage sale, 1.00 a piece wouldn't be bad. Maverick.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had a box with ~70 once, it had 3 gold enders lol.....have a bag of about 100 of them now, the ones in real nice shape, I throw the crappy ones back.....figure i can CL or Fleabay them at some point.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
where did you find a buyer? i got a few unopenned rolls of them in those us mint wrappers by year

jedi9

Jun 13, 2012
I found a half the other night that is gold. I figured someone plated it. What is this?

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where did you find a buyer? i got a few unopenned rolls of them in those us mint wrappers by year
A coin shop i go to in the mall. They will sell them to the kids.

JobIII

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done TimZim! I see so many of them but I don't do anything with them. The issue I have with reselling these coins is how can I tell it's actually gold or not. I probably could go out and buy the gold test, but I'm not that motivated. The non-silver halfs seem to easily sell for around $2 on ebay. Perhaps it's time to tap this resource :)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a half the other night that is gold. I figured someone plated it. What is this?

People plated them with tiny amounts of gold, and then sold them for a higher price than face value.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
amazing you could sell them for that premium... which mall did you sell to? do they buy ikes?

JobIII

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm now motivated to try and pawn these coins to ebay bidders. I think I see maybe 1 plated coin for every 2 boxes or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread