Gold Hog Mats on the Fraser River

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Video! Thanks for sharing. And I love that setup, great work.
ROFL at "wash it off lovingly" :

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice take man!like the shaker.i would have a rough time leaving that spot!

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice. What did you use for the shaker? I'm getting ready to convert a unused sluice into a highbanker using Gold Hog mats and that maybe something I'd incorporate.

OP
OP
R

ryanonthevedder

Jan 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. What did you use for the shaker? I'm getting ready to convert a unused sluice into a highbanker using Gold Hog mats and that maybe something I'd incorporate.

The shaker is an old fan motor off of a geo metro. I made the weight with a bit of 1/4" steel, and mounted it to the underside of the hopper. So far no troubles yet, and I have yet to touch a rock to clear the discharge. The consistent feed rates were also a large part of that build.

Here are some of the development videos.

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The shaker is an old fan motor off of a geo metro. I made the weight with a bit of 1/4" steel, and mounted it to the underside of the hopper. So far no troubles yet, and I have yet to touch a rock to clear the discharge. The consistent feed rates were also a large part of that build.

Here are some of the development videos.

Thanks, I was thinking either a fan motor or a wiper motor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions