Gold Hog = Total Disapointment

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got some to run in my power-sluice. They honestly look great and really weren't that expensive so I was eager to try them. Did a few test runs once just gravity fed. One with a two piece spray bar, and then a day with the new spray bar with better flow. Maybe somewhere near 40 buckets. total only minus 3/8 going through the box though. Not really that much material through the box. It just seems like it when its being dug. just getting her ready so when I have the chance to hit spots worthy of a power-sluice she's ready. Any ways I've had a lighter cons bucket to carry back , so not my usual bucket curls on the walk out:sadsmiley:....It only takes fifteen minutes to do a clean up at home now...so, only like one beer before I might have to take the trash out or something???. And there's all this tiny tiny gold that sticks to the mold mark in my finish pan...:icon_scratch:...Doc....come on what are you trying to do to us:thumbsup:

Attachments

• gold hog 021.jpg
    gold hog 021.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 156
  • gold hog 009.jpg
    gold hog 009.jpg
    716.3 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Might have to power sluice the brews now. Pull the mat first or it will catch all the alcohol!

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL....

Getting blamed for lack of beer time is a first.
:)

I remember a commercial op way back that did their first run.
They went from 20 - 30 gallons of cons down to 3-5 gallons.
The look when they brought "all" the cons back to the plant owner was priceless.

GoldenNerd

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch that you don't get screwed by the newer CA highbanker/power-sluice "discharge" regulations. $10k-25k per day for a violation.

http://westernminingalliance.org/resources-2/wma-articles/highbanking-under-attack/

http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/cwa401/docs/suctiondredge/highbank_faq.pdf

Basically it shuts down highbanking and power-sluicing in CA unless you're well away from any water, fork over the $1.1k+ (and get approved) for a land-discharge-permit. They're being aggressive about the definition of "surface waters" as well.

G'luck!

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clay where are you?

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way more elusive than gold is the miner who has ben ticketed for hi-banking.....It is especially sad that some people don't know their own rights and believe untrue propaganda. Call the water board try to apply for this permit if you want. If you like the runaround and speaking to people who can't answer questions go for it. Just because you read something doesn't make it factual. It is really bad that WMA has posted this to their website.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Furthermore this is a thread giving props to Doc.... and about fine gold recovery. You do not know where or how I am working. I understand maybe you are concerned for a fellow miner but, you may want to have more information before you comment and make sure to post it in appropriate threads...there are several old run around threads related to Hi- banking permit propaganda.

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man that goldhog stuff.... really cuts the time down. That's for sure.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
The only disappointment that anyone should have with Docs products is their own inability to dig and move enough dirt to keep a system with those mats fed!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
LOl Dig all day and then run everything at the end of the day? If you've got powered equipment you MIGHT be able to keep up with the mats.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only disappointment that anyone should have with Docs products is their own inability to dig and move enough dirt to keep a system with those mats fed!

Irishman I hope you caught my sarcasm.....my post was not an actual complaint..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread