Gold Hog will have there version of stream sluice out in December!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if any one is interested gold hog will be having there stream sluice out in December that will come with 2 types of matts one for aggressive water conditions and low water situations.........pricing is still in not sure quite yet category but there playing with the figure of $269.00 I think at the moment sluice comes with legs that are adjustable and incorporated into the sluice here is a vid for more info!

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aint gonna be cheap.....and he does this right after I spring for the bazooka.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I know what you mean after I got my Thomas creek and angus LOL

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got that right and be prepared for every occasion!

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Russau your just extra prepared that's all LOL!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a good product, except the bolt holding down the mat. No bolts to lose is why I first bought Keene. Looks like the mat would stay in place without it the way the flare pinches the mat. Would really like to try it, but my Keene is just collecting dust after buying bgt. And I think this one would as well. In video he is not using a classifier. Do the those mats hold on to the gold that well where you don't have to
To worry about rocks knocking gold out? I have always wondered why they didn't make a stream sluice. Now how about a dry washer.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't worry about rocks knocking out gold...Hogg matts are basically advanced drop riffle design. Once color drops into a trap it will stay.

My concern with fast water speed pushing fine gold through JUST LIKE ANY stream sluice. Large cobbles can affect the laminar flow and fine gold can actually Draft large rocks like a NASCAR race... I do believe these are small influences. Once the gold drops out it should be good.
Truthfully Throw an A52 out into some fast current with legs like that and you can shovel into it just the same. And get more production without classification. lack of classification will have way less negative affect on recovery vs. the fast water and increased material ran.
Clay balls and packed material may not break up either...but, increase in volume ran should make most diggers happy.I run hog matts in my power sluice..they love fast flat water and when tuned for the situation they have no comparison as far as riffled sluices go.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any sluice can be converted to hog mats. Just cut to fit sluice. Tape the sides to hold them in. And your good to go. Cheaper than a new sluice.

GFBurke

Sep 1, 2015
South Idaho
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I have the hogpan and love the thing. But I just bought a 36in zook. What I would think would be epic is having GH mats, then into a zook trap! combine the two!!
But really, at an assumed $300 price, one might just get a cheap keen and get good mats on it for cheaper.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for the price your getting 2 matts, built in leg kit which if you had to buy for the keene it would be right around $60.00 not only that and not knocking the keene but gold hog 's drop onto the matt set up seems better to me without hang up's but to each there own so something to think about?

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A52 = 120.00
Stand = 60.00
Gold hog mats (4) 36" pcs to make 2 setups = 140.00 + shipping
That's a total of 320.00+ shipping
And your not having to install mats yourself. Maybe docs pricing is not so high after all.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I personnaly don't have either sluices. so I cant comment on either one. Kev is the real goto guy on his!

If you mean me, sorry but I've no experience with gold hog mats so I can't compare the two options.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So would you run this sluice or the bazooka if you had both? Lol

That would depend on water conditions. Especially if water conditions are low. If you don't have to classifiy with gold hog like in the video, and if they hold on to the super fine gold as good as everyone who has them claims they do. Then yes I might run gold hog over bgt. Would be hard decision though I have loved running my bgt. Went out last Sunday water levels were really low, knew I would be building a dam to get water levels high enough to flow correct, but using Keene instead ? No way! Dam building way quicker then classifying. But if I had gold hog and knew water was low there is a good chance it would be in my truck instead of bgt.
My brother in law just got interested in prospecting also. Thinking my Keene would be good Christmas gift for him. Also would give me excuse to try goldhog sluice : )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions