Gold hunting detectors

Detector Man

Dec 6, 2005
California
Detector(s) used
XLT, MXT PRO
Any recommendation on a Gold hunting machine? needs to be affordable, reliable, water resistant/waterproof...and at what frequency these machines operate? Dont ask me if i am into nuggets or flake hunting machines..i dont knowwww...

Im hearing Goldmaster VSAT, Goldbug, MXT ......ideas i need to consider are welcome...

Thanks guys.

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I like the Goldmaster Vsat myself, but haven't tried any of the others mentioned for comparison. It is extremely sensitive, almost useless in town with lots of trash, friggin signals every inch it seems like!

I think theres a room on here dedicated to metal detector reviews by owners, might check in there for more input. :)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coils are water resistant/semi proof but machines wise not many. Most water machines are coin and jewelry orientated.Tesoro shark is supposed to be pretty good for gold. Pulse is the hot item but not that hot on small gold. I use the GB2(small coil)and the Tesoro Lobo ST(small coil). One with disc for trashy areas that give the GB2 a hard time.Best of both worlds with fingertip retune,disc,all metal and lifetime warranity.No I sell no more but use them like crazy now!!Just one miners honest opinion.Tons a au 2 u 2-John ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread