Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks , I'm sitting here in another calm during the storm, We have had nasty rain all week long an if you never been in the desert when it rains , you have no real idea about flash floods .The storms started Monday an have blowing threw with a few hours here an there with just high winds that the weather guessers say should last until Sunday.

So I'm sitting here in the house listening to the rain an wind pound away with my yard under about a foot of flowing water an start thinking about them shiny little yellow rocks. I read somewhere that right after it rains is a great time for relics an coins , I myself know coins seem to be allot easier to hit .

So I'm wondering do nuggets show up better when the ground is soaked like this ?? Should I get out there an try to hit some of these places during the non down pours??

I hates those when a thought just makes you go HMMMMMMM ??? :-\

HH Tank :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OOOOOOOOOOOyea :coffee2: Ya have to get there before the snow birds beat ya to them! :coffee2:

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope didnt make it up today, was getting packed up an the neighbor qasked for a hand dealing with some storm damage an never got the chance , I might try to go up to the claim in the next couple days`

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: Tank-VLF and some pulse do work a mite better in damp ground for penetration and much overburden washed away to help ya have a fine day-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :icon_sunny:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tank--I'm with John on this one--my pulse machines seem to get an edge when the ground is damp--with VLF's, if there's too much water, I've had false readings before, but others have said that when the ground is just damp it helps too. I haven't seriously hunted with VLF's for quite a few years though.

All the best,

Lanny

P.S. I'd get out whenever and wherever I had the chance if I were you--things really get moved around in those big storms.

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi guys, I would have to agree & do believe that damp wet ground does improve conductivity & hence better depth. Sort of stands to reason really as well if you think about it. I reckon the 4.5 grammer & the 18+ grammer that I found were a result of damp ground & better conductivity giving a bit better depth. As it was the signals they both gave could easily have been walked away from as they were that erratic & unconvincing but my moto is to dig EVERY THING. Any little wobble or murmer change in the threshold. What do you have to loose? The signal can only improve with depth :laughing7: or not :dontknow: But look what you could walk away with :thumbsup: :coffee2:

OphirNuggets41187grams.jpg

Happy golding

Kiwi JW

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow--beautiful, gorgeous gold JW--well done!

All the best,

Lanny

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro
OK so... if moisture improves conductivity, then do you supose it will help that invisable gold to sound off?

Hey nice nugs BTW
Jeff

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi there Jeff, Is that a trick question ? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: My understanding of invisable gold means there is no gold there in the first place. ::) So in that case.....no it wont help you find it ;D

Happy golding

JW :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: Now your talkn' Kiwi--righteous gold from the nasty wet and cold!!! I was underwater 5 hours yesterday dredging in 35 degree water but----clean the cracks/crevices/riffles today-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :icon_sunny:

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
G'day Hoser John, So how did you do on the gold front then?? :dontknow: What is 35 degree's in celcius??
Tons of Au 2 U 2 :laughing7:

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kiwi you post pics like that an gold fever just hits everyone of us all over again. :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
Hi Tank69, Sorry about that. Better check out these little pickers I got out of a little mountain stream with a 2" gravity dredge.

j12.jpg

Happy golding

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the US so thats farenheit and purt' near freezing!!!!!! Speaking of which almost time to head to Tahoe and PARTY DOWN FOR THE OLYMPICS OPENING CEREMONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7: John

kiwi jw

May 8, 2006
G'day Hoser,........So did you get any/much AU in your clean up for 5 hours in near freezing water? :dontknow:. I was going to go back to my little creek 2day but I need to erect a little garage shed. BUGGER ???....Brownie points & all that with the wife.

Happy golding

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread