BChapman

Tenderfoot
Jul 19, 2013
Land O Lakes, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an assortment of rocks with gold in and on them in NC last week. Now what do I do with it? I want to sell the gold or sell as specimens, though have no clue how to find a value or extract other than cutting and picking apart? I had a geologist look at the pieces and he confirmed the gold, though says it should stay as a rock though has no idea on value. They all have a strong signal on the Minelab Ecal., on one piece I pressed in with a dental pick and left an indentation. I have many other pieces though am carefully cleaning as I do not want to lose gold. I will post other pics soon, I have to reduce their size to post them.

333.JPG IMG_2692.JPG IMG_2688.JPG 111.JPG 555.JPG

Upvote 0

helogunner

Greenie
Aug 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice- me and my dredging bro in stanly county are hoping for some finds like that in our honey hole! Good job!

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep as specimens. There is a formula for finding the gold content. Sorry I don't have it. Once you know the amount of gold you can figure value of the gold and then depending on uniqueness of the rock you can get 2 to 4 times the gold value. Ebay would be one place to sell them. Real nice find and welcome to the forum.

Good Luck!

BH Prospector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread