Gold in quartz rock

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
Hey yall,hope this does not get 'moved' because I need advice about buying a small piece/rock that I can make into a pendant. Thing is i am confused by all the internet sites and the ebay offerings and real value. If someone has snaps of their finds or collections I would like to see them along with how value is determined,etc. Just a bit leery of buying from some unknown but guess ebay may be the best avenue.
Thanks in advance.....Vero Gal

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What kind of rock are you looking for?? We have several people here who search for their own rocks and as such are certian its natural and often you get a fair price to. ;D Cabbed or rough?

As for how value is determained.. Its usally quality (colour, if its opaque or not, cracks etc), weight, sometimes location, varities (i.e Agate and quartz often have different prices though they are related) and bla bla bla.
Oh bother. People often set a price they think is good.

Upvote 0

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Hey Fla-Gal, I don't know where in FL you live but I do know there's a gem, mineral and fossil show at the Florida State Fairgorunds in Tampa FL the weekend of 3/20/10. I've been to it a few times and have found some nice stones. Just make sure you see all the vendors first before buying anything. Unless you really like that particular piece you might find a better stone for a better price at a diff vendor. I know you probably know that already but I know I've done it, just got caught up in it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
Hey, thanks yall. Wish I could get to Tampa this weekend but already scheduled with 'stuff'.
I want a small piece that is in its natural form so that I can suspend it from a chain..guess I'll keep looking and try to get a handle on some sort of pricing. Love the sites yall referenced.....wore down the battery on my lap computer !!! Think I want a raw emerald,too.....and come to think of it 1 of each !!!!! Think this might be addictive !!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread