Gold in the ocean

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waves will push things around some, but not much further down than 60 feet. Now ground liquification due to earthquakes would tend to fluid bed gold down deeper. The waves near shore will sort things out to the first bar. I have seen that on Lake Superior.

IMG_2899.JPG

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With storms coughing up old coins that haven't seen the light of day for over a hundred years or longer I'm not really worried about waves keeping all the gold nuggets. They may hold onto it for a few years or longer, but eventually, it makes it's way back to the beach.

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Longshore drift keep the gold close to shore -- longshore drift is caused by prevailing wind and wave direction
-- wind and wave direction is caused by Coriolis force -- so with that said do you guys in the Northern Hemisphere pan
using the force (water rotation clock wise) or are you from the dark side.
May the force be with you.:laughing7:

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Young padiwan,

Northern hemisphere everything's counter-clockwise for coriolis force. The Aussie's have it clockwise.

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
There was some online article I read several years back about how some major US company was extracting all these different minerals and such from seawater. Seems like it was supposed to have taken place down in Florida, but can't remember. ...If I get enough gumption later, I'll fire up the old Win XP computer and look at the article again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread