Gold in Wisconsin?

JamesE

I was researching the glacial edges, there are some blank spots in WI and I didn't pay so much attention, being in IA.
If you do the research I think you'll find references to gold there, how much and where, anybodies guess. North central and north eastern IA had a 'rush' and is stated that an Oz. a day was to be had. Every time I had a plan to go up that way it would rain all week bringing highwater, to the point that I just started believeing God wanted me to use a metal detector.
Research with the historical society to see what areas had gold or boomed due to mini- rushes if there were any. Worse comes to worse, you can come over here and look for it. NE IA looks dang promising, other places too. I'd bet money there's gold over your way. An Oz. a day anywhere around here or even on the average out west is pretty iffy.

OP
OP
J

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
Thanks James,
There is a GPAA club just 20minutes north of me.That sounds like a good place to start.
Happy Hunting,
Jim

slowreaper

Feb 11, 2007
Turners Falls MA
I found a nugget about the size of my thumb nail several years ago a few miles west of Sarona WI, While repairing some bridge footings over by Webster WI I heard they found a good deal of gold, and I hear that they have trouble with the copper mines producing gold down by Ladysmith WI.

Now for the kicker, unless things have changed in the last few years. The state of Wisconsin owns all mineral right and the process to recover and keep any minerals there is extremely difficult. The unoffical rule of thumb is don't tell and they won't look too close. However if you start pulling an quanity and you can bet they will be looking.

Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions