Gold is where ya find it

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah the old home town made the news again. I've been down there many times as a kid and I've heard the stories for years about that drain containing gold. You could see it on the floor when we were kids and it has been worked again and again since it was built. It runs under lower town and then down across the highway into Ophir where it drains into Auburn Ravine. They probably have been mining down there forever and finally got walked out.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
First off ya have to give them credit for thinking outside the box. Secondly I think someone might have watched "Paint Your Wagon" a few too many times!!!

I'll admit to checking culverts out before and finding some nice gold in more than a few. I think these guy are a little extreme though.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In Kalif, you have to read what isn't against the law then do it till they find out and outlaw it. You don't keep beating a dead horse. If they found nothing, they likely wouldn't have invested so much time and effort.

Last edited:

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they thought there was gold there they should have taken some concrete and added some riffles and stuff to the bottom of the drain then just come back every so often and scooped out the gold after a good rain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions