All Treasure Hunting
Rye Patch Nevada is very interesting

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger, did you try high up or just the alluvial plain? Nice quartz crystals there too.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger, did you try high up or just the alluvial plain? Nice quartz crystals there too.

To be completely honest I have spent a great deal of time there but never gold grubbing.....now,I have a very close friend that has done VERY well there,but I dont know where he was?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another non-descript location in nevada is Jessup, just west of interstate 80 and state rte. 95 exit to Fallon nv. Google e. shows nothing in 2000, but
now there is a large placer operation which can be seen from I-80. Nevada has several areas that MDers are finding good gold such as rabbit hole,
placeritas, sawtooth, fitting, american canyon, ten-mile, the central mining district north of Imlay, and more. The gold amounts will never compare to calif. but the fact that "old-timers" never had enough water in the nevada desert, leaves many possibilities for modern MDing!:goldbar:

OP
OP
J

jonesy2012

Jul 25, 2012
Very interesting. How so you use google earth in such a way to help your search for gold?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you mean my ref. to the year 2000, I think on all GE's pictures there's a simple date showing in the lower left area, which when you click on, will
display a time-line bar you can use to go back about ten years. If you don't see it, you can set it up, but I forgot how.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another non-descript location in nevada is Jessup, just west of interstate 80 and state rte. 95 exit to Fallon nv. Google e. shows nothing in 2000, but
now there is a large placer operation which can be seen from I-80. Nevada has several areas that MDers are finding good gold such as rabbit hole,
placeritas, sawtooth, fitting, american canyon, ten-mile, the central mining district north of Imlay, and more. The gold amounts will never compare to calif. but the fact that "old-timers" never had enough water in the nevada desert, leaves many possibilities for modern MDing!:goldbar:

Thanks for the place-names in Nevada. The next time I'm down, I might get a chance to take a detector with me. I love Nevada--and I love looking around in the desert. I can't believe how many old hardrock mines there are out in the various mining districts of Nevada--they're all over the place! And, you're right on the money that a lack of water kept them from retrieving significant amounts of gold that got left behind. I've seen some of it and it's beautiful. I've always passed through Nevada and gone on to Arizona to detect, but I'd love to hit Nevada sometime.

All the best,

Lanny

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have found gold in the kern river in bakersfield,ca at a local park (hart park) and in the canyon off of hwy 178 and i've scouted keyesville near lake isabella were the first kern county strike was in 1851. i heard it was tricky there but i do plan of trying someday soon fingers crossed i have never been scunked yet

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your welcome, Lanny. Here are a couple more, all of which are in northern nv. and can be reached off I-80. willow creek, seven troughs, buena vista
valley, star canyon. The nice thing about nv. is, you can still find places where on Memorial Day or 4th of july, you won't see anybody else except a dust
cloud in the distance.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your welcome, Lanny. Here are a couple more, all of which are in northern nv. and can be reached off I-80. willow creek, seven troughs, buena vista
valley, star canyon. The nice thing about nv. is, you can still find places where on Memorial Day or 4th of july, you won't see anybody else except a dust
cloud in the distance.

That sure is true!

All the best, and thanks for the extras,

Lanny

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet if someone knew what they were doing they would find gold in my tailing piles in my back yard for sure because i wasted a lot of dirt fine tuning my fine gold recovery.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blynch35, I was in Keyesville placer area several years ago, it looked promising to me, but didn't have time to do much. good luck!

Ashman, my backyard too:laughing7:

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
thanks fullpan im still pretty new at prospecting but i pay attention when people talk i have heard of really good gold there big nuggets but theres hole's that are pretty far from the water due to the old flow isabella dam wasnt built tell the 1950's so water level isnt what is used to be. i just missed a club outing on saterday there i had to work but i really wanted to see were they are digging ive done some serious climbing around there and to see the tailing from the old timers is amazing i dont know how they did it but there must be piles still 15' high and alot of the river is just cobble tailings it looks cool. blm has 400 acres open to the public there for hand prospecting sluice and pans but around the corner in green horn is loaded too but i think that area is all privet claims. when/if i get a chance to go up there ill post about my findings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions