Gold ??? It weights exactly 10 grams. Non magnetic. No markings on it…

May 8, 2023

Attachments

• 71599008149__3ED42C09-CF58-4E03-BBE9-A0EA4F0FC1B9.jpeg
    71599008149__3ED42C09-CF58-4E03-BBE9-A0EA4F0FC1B9.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 145
Upvote 4
OP
OP
NHmetaldetectrelichunter
May 8, 2023
In case you are wondering how i know 100% its not gold........
Gold earrings will always have a gold post.
Your post is obviously not gold ... therefore my opinion.
What might your guess be that it is made from? Mid tone in detector. Heavy for its size. Not magnetic. I’m not sure.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What might your guess be that it is made from? Mid tone in detector. Heavy for its size. Not magnetic. I’m not sure.
Your not sure about what ?

I am sure its not gold... jewelers / makers do not apply a base metal post to gold.

This not only does not make sense and cheapens the item but it's also a hypoallergenic thing...
People who wear and buy gold would never buy it either.

OP
OP
NHmetaldetectrelichunter
May 8, 2023
Your not sure about what ?

I am sure its not gold... jewelers / makers do not apply a base metal post to gold.

This not only does not make sense and cheapens the item but it's also a hypoallergenic thing...
People who wear and buy gold would never buy it either. I am wondering what metal it is made from.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, ARC is correct, not gold. Most likely it is brass, jewelers would put a gold post on a gold earring, they would never put plain pot metal on gold earrings, it is hypoallergenic issue.

Brass is heavy, and non magnetic.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing is it could have been a gold earring that was just as easily been lost in the same way that one was. I was packing out of a motel once and noticed this one there in the parking lot. It was crushed, but still it was a half gram of 14k gold for nothing. Just keep looking, as I'm pretty sure there are pieces lost gold jewelry somewhere out there waiting to be found

Attachments

• earring.jpg
    earring.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 12

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just never know when you will find gold, I have found gold ring on the 1st sweep of coil upon entering the water, and on the last sweep of coil at foot of steps leaving the beach.

One day I found nothing after 4 hours of hunting beach but junk, I was going to leave but I talked myself into just taking a break, eating a sandwich and resting for 30 mins in truck parked on the beach.

After lunch break, in the next 2 hours I found 4 gold rings, 3 with diamonds and 1 silver.

I almost left those 4 gold rings and 1 silver at the beach for someone else.🤣

Last edited:

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
That stone structure with the holes that you are pointing at is a charcoal kiln? Would be packed with wood and then burned in a controlled fashion?
Charcoal was used in some smelting operations, so maybe it was used on site?
Lots of my wondering! I like your posts, friends and finds.

Sorry, this was posted to the wrong thread, either my mistake or the software. Almy

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread