bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
Honduras
[h=1]Collapse traps at least 11 gold miners in Honduras[/h]
[h=1]Send to a friend[/h]From: To:
TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras – A cave-in at an unlicensed gold mine in Honduras trapped at least 11 miners Wednesday, officials said.
The workers are stuck at a depth of 80 meters (260 feet) in the southern town of El Corpus, said Oscar Triminio, a spokesman for the fire brigade in the Honduran capital.
Rescuers cannot use machinery to try to get to the miners because the earth at the mine is unstable. So crews are working with their hands, he said.
Earlier this year one person died and another was injured at a cave-in at the same mine, Triminio said.

Upvote 0

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will send a prayer as I would not like to be caught in the situation. Keep us posted.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=3]Firefighters have made contact with at least three miners, authorities say[/h] [h=5]Thomson Reuters[/h] [h=4]Posted:Jul 03, 2014 9:34 AM ET[/h] [h=4]Last Updated:Jul 03, 2014 9:34 AM ET[/h]

A rescue operation was underway at the mine in San Juan Arriba, 110 kilometres south of the capital, Tegucigalpa. Firefighters said they had made contact with three of the workers, though eight were missing.

"We have had contact with three of the workers that are trapped and we are working carefully removing earth and stone to reach and rescue them," said Lieutenant Manuel de Jesus Reyes, a firefighter in the nearby city of Choluteca.

Last edited:

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Those poor miners! Its either work or die for those guys, just to try and feed their families, or starve to death.

I know of a rich drift mine close by, that I looked for 20 years for, and found it. But I wont go in it, as it would require drilling and blasting, and there is a road just above it. Too much risk!

I had a tunnel rat bud die years back, from a cave in. No thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread