Gold mining vacation

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I've never really spent any time in the gold prospecting forum, but I was thinking about going on a prospecting vacation with my cousins. I live in northern Indiana and I know there's only glacier gold in the middle of the state so if anyone knew of a good site or mining vacation site within the area of this picture it would be very helpful. We're going to have fun but finding an ounce of gold would be great.

Edit: the picture didn't work but it was of Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and Wisconsin.

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thermal City in North Carolina is a good place for gold, I'm in Indiana and go places here but the gold is not that great and the best places here are on private land.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I've never really spent any time in the gold prospecting forum, but I was thinking about going on a prospecting vacation with my cousins. I live in northern Indiana and I know there's only glacier gold in the middle of the state so if anyone knew of a good site or mining vacation site within the area of this picture it would be very helpful. We're going to have fun but finding an ounce of gold would be great.

Edit: the picture didn't work but it was of Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and Wisconsin.

North Carolina and Georgia are your best bets out of those states.
My favorite is North Carolina, but to get an ounce anywhere in the country during a vacation is going to at least take a 3-4" dredge.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions