Gold Monster 1000? Good starter machine?

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is my retirement plan. Poking around for gold and other sizeable deposits of interest to larger mining companies then leasing it out is the short version. This is assuming I make it that long. That said I dont see myself physically capable of much more than sampling and detecting by the time I can actually afford everything needed. I know typically right now most folks that make a living as described use a nice PI machine. Given this is a VLF.. the 45khz operating frequency caught my eye... that's gonna pick up some awfully small stuff.

If this were your livelyhood, what machine would you rest it on? (Under $1000 please) & (Over $1000)

Thanks.

Any other "vetted" must have equipment would be appreciated too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahaha yea I don't do the treasure hunting thing... either 1 of 2 things will happen... #1 I find a doc that doesn't suck ass and get a diagnosis to qualify for assistance while I'm down for the count or #2 Run out of money / time and am now a homeless bum with a bug out bag with survival gear and a gold pan stuck in florida. There's no real grey area here to spin, it's one or the other at this point.

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
IMPDLN has it correct about the hunt for nuggets!! It's about Patience and Persistence in heaping amounts to find gold nuggets.

You would be good to go with the f19 sale and start off looking for coins and Gold jewelry. You would most likely find more gold in Florida at beaches than most prospectors find here in CA with detectors.

This years detecting went 16 trips no gold, then a 1 gram nugget, few more skunks, then a 4 gram day on a friends claim, a half gram day, few more skunk trips, and so it continues. Very up and down style of detecting.

Recently bought a VLF XP Deus so I can hunt not only for gold but coins and jewelry too. The Gold Monster is a great dedicated gold machine and very capable and sensitive.

Best of luck and your best chance seems a multi functional device that you can hunt with wherever life takes you.

OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMPDLN has it correct about the hunt for nuggets!! It's about Patience and Persistence in heaping amounts to find gold nuggets.

You would be good to go with the f19 sale and start off looking for coins and Gold jewelry. You would most likely find more gold in Florida at beaches than most prospectors find here in CA with detectors.

This years detecting went 16 trips no gold, then a 1 gram nugget, few more skunks, then a 4 gram day on a friends claim, a half gram day, few more skunk trips, and so it continues. Very up and down style of detecting.

Recently bought a VLF XP Deus so I can hunt not only for gold but coins and jewelry too. The Gold Monster is a great dedicated gold machine and very capable and sensitive.

Best of luck and your best chance seems a multi functional device that you can hunt with wherever life takes you.

Hit the nail on the head. This is basically what I'm looking for... what's going to be the most useful / versatile purchase.

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree with Gravelwasher. In fact if I was in Florida, I'd be looking at those recently pounded beaches for treasure after the storms. So many ship wrecks out there and hurricanes are like our flash floods out west. They usually reveal some kind of treasure after passing.

I would also like to say I am sorry to hear of such poor health at a young age. Hopefully you find an answer to your situation soon. Dennis

OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Gravelwasher. In fact if I was in Florida, I'd be looking at those recently pounded beaches for treasure after the storms. So many ship wrecks out there and hurricanes are like our flash floods out west. They usually reveal some kind of treasure after passing.

I would also like to say I am sorry to hear of such poor health at a young age. Hopefully you find an answer to your situation soon. Dennis

I have learned that a storm doesn't always mean you get good pickins at the beach. Depends how the winds exited the area... sometimes it dumps more sand... other times (the times you want to detect) it takes it out to sea. Being on the west coast of FL has some disadvantages in that regard.

EDIT: Good news everyone! .. going into hospital tomorrow... hopefully coming back out lol

Scratch that. Starting lawsuit against hospital. I need out to get the hell out of this shithole state. I hope hurricanes destroy the state indefinitely. Shitty people and worse drivers (there's nothing like florida drivers if you've never seen it in person... you will fear for your life)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread