Gold n sand hand dredge

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone, has anyone made a hand dredge similar to this one? Gold n Sand Hand Dredge (SEE VIDEOS) I have a hand dredge already but I can't figure out how to make the material go through a hose like that... Mine has a Y on it like that one does but I just capped it off because I failed to make it work correctly. Does it use check valves? I've tried several different check valves on mine and none of them worked right. A rock would jam one of them open and it would lose all of it's suction. I would just buy the gold n sand but the price is a little too steep for me for what it is. Any ideas?

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the gold n sand and it works great. The makers will sell you just the one way valves so you could retrofit your current pump for about $20 ( for a set of two valves). Red did a LOT of testing to find valves that really work ...part of why it often makes sense to just buy the best rather than wasting your time and money trying to do it from scratch yourself.

Mine it and recycle it!

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have the gold n sand and it works great. The makers will sell you just the one way valves so you could retrofit your current pump for about $20 ( for a set of two valves). Red did a LOT of testing to find valves that really work ...part of why it often makes sense to just buy the best rather than wasting your time and money trying to do it from scratch yourself.

Mine it and recycle it!

I guess I might just buy it... Do you know how big the intake is on it? And does it get plugged with rocks easily?

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aaaah nevermind I found the measurement on it. its half inch =[ I'll stick with what I've got =P

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I built my hand dredge without a valve because I wanted to be able to rest and dump the trap into the sluice or bucket out the front by flipping it 180°.
photo.JPG Rock Guard Offset.jpg Dredge 1.jpg a photo (2).JPG Trap and Reducer.jpg

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread