Gold Necklace

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.
Went to my favorite beach in Malibu today and spent about 2 hours detecting. It was very tough going only 9 coins, I think they have been grooming the beach too much. Just as I was making my way back to the car I got a good signal and dug up a half gold pendant! I figured the other half might be near by so I slowed down and got a good signal. I was very pleasantly surprised to find a necklace with two pendents on it! I still looked further and found the other half of the first pendent. All items are marked 14k. I am happy, long time since I have pulled any gold out. Thanks for looking, Rick;

Attachments

• closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 726
  • closeup 2.jpg
    closeup 2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 719
Upvote 0

Plug popper

Aug 23, 2010
Mo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GMH CXlll Garrett Master Hunter 10x Garrett master hunter 7x Garrett MH ADS 6 master hunter 5x
Re: Gold Neckles

Very nice. Congrats.

OP
OP
DetectoDude

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.

I know what you are saying, the same thought went through my mind. I like finding older things than I don't feel guilty because the owner is probably gone!

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find, Gotta love the gold :thumbsup:
HH..Miner

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

hmmm odd its broke like that took some force to break that I bet --wonder how it came to be that way . ??? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
DetectoDude

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.

ivan salis said:
hmmm odd its broke like that took some force to break that I bet --wonder how it came to be that way . ??? :icon_scratch:
I thought about that, funny thing is the clasp on the chain was closed when I found it and no other signs of distress anywhere else??? I thought perhaps the beach cleaning machine may have played a roll in it.

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
That is one super find there, nothing beats finding a neat gold chain with the pendants still attach to it. :thumbsup:

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DetectoDude said:
ivan salis said:
I thought about that, funny thing is the clasp on the chain was closed when I found it and no other signs of distress anywhere else??? I thought perhaps the beach cleaning machine may have played a roll in it.

What happens is the guy dives in the water and a wave hits him from behind :blob8: and the chain comes off their head. They most likely never knew it happened :dontknow: . Nice find!

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis said:

It was found on a beach and, well.., men have wandering eyes so perhaps someone got mad at their lesser 1/2 :dontknow:

Just a thought. :laughing7:

OP
OP
DetectoDude

DetectoDude

May 2, 2004
So. Ca.

celtex said:
DetectoDude said:
ivan salis said:

What happens is the guy dives in the water and a wave hits him from behind :blob8: and the chain comes off their head. They most likely never knew it happened :dont know: . Nice find!
Good point everyone the only problem is the chain is about 14 in long, or what I think you might call a choker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread