712.7 KB · Views: 92

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure looks like it to me. Is the bezel marked? I cannot imagine someone would put a bunch of gold nuggets into a cheapo bezel.

OP
OP
snowdogg70

snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i couldnt find an markings on th bezel

Finder Bear

Mar 20, 2019
Newton KS
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The thing that would raise concern for me is the green color to the bezel. Can you take them out of the bezel and test them? Might be worth it to take it to a coin store and have them tested

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
It's gold and the bezel is plated. I have a friend that runs a 8" dredge in Alaska and he buys those cheapo bezels and fills them with nice gold and sells them for more than the value of the gold and the cost of the bezel. He fills his more than that one is.

NICE FIND!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be pretty exciting.. I found a paperweight that had a couple of gold nuggets in them from AZ. I haven't tried to get them out yet but don't know if they are real. It would be fun to find out. Good Luck

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I lived in northern California my wife contracted with the state to teach the DUI offenders at a mandatory class on a Saturday and Sunday in Jackson, Cal. I would then wander up and down highway 49 while she made the DUI offenders suffer in a long boring arduous class on their weekends. The souvenir shops I'd stop by sold those pendants. They were probably making 10 times the profit over the spot price of the actual gold weight in those pendants and just about every rock shop I stopped by was selling them. That was more than 30 years ago. I so enjoyed going up and down that road seeing all those historical places of the California Gold Rush days.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I lived in northern California my wife contracted with the state to teach the DUI offenders at a mandatory class on a Saturday and Sunday in Jackson, Cal. I would then wander up and down highway 49 while she made the DUI offenders suffer in a long boring arduous class on their weekends. The souvenir shops I'd stop by sold those pendants. They were probably making 10 times the profit over the spot price of the actual gold weight in those pendants and just about every rock shop I stopped by was selling them. That was more than 30 years ago. I so enjoyed going up and down that road seeing all those historical places of the California Gold Rush days.

Still the same, there in Jackson and all the other little gold rush towns along Hwy. 49.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still the same, there in Jackson and all the other little gold rush towns along Hwy. 49.
That's such beautiful country along 49. The old architecture, history and the countryside I found really beautiful. Couple years back I was dealing with Sutter Gold and after crossing the unforgetting Nevada desert and going over the Sierra range and dropping down into that lush and beautiful region of the gold belt, must have felt like going to heaven to those old overland pioneers long ago. Even today I feel that way when I get a chance to enter that land from the east. Heck I can smell the Pacific Ocean from there, being I live so inland most my life.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool jewelry! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread