Gold ore & gold precipitating problem

happyprince

Tenderfoot
Oct 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I have some gold ore and actually it is very rich in gold.(It was tested and high amount of gold found in it.)however when I dissolve gold in aqua regia I by no means could not precipitate the gold in the Aqua regia.I tried every method and chemicals but no use.Then I tried mercury method and got good amount of gold.However when I did the same method second time,I could not get any gold.I used the same ore and the same method.(First boiled in nitric acid,etc.)I do not know why it did not work.I tried many times but no way.I used the same mercury when I got the gold first time.Might it be the reason?Can anybody help me either in precipitating gold in Aqua Regia or mercury method?Any help will be highly appreciated.(I used sodium metabisulfite,ferrous sulphate,etc.to precipitate)I have uploaded two photos of the ore.Thanks a lot...

Attachments

• gold1.JPG
    gold1.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 653
  • gold5.JPG
    gold5.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 525

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the forums. :)

So crushing it up and soaking it in Aqua Regia didnt work?

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is also a method using borax instead of Mercury on youtube. I know this doesn't help your problem, but it may expand your options.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your ore is crushed to fine dust then the mercury should capture all the free gold. Whatever is not captured is not gold. (mercury will capture some other metals as well) Once the mercury is saturated (turns lumpy) then it's time to use the retort and your cleaned/distilled mercury will be ready for reuse.

GG~

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good video's
Didn't know about "charging" the mercury to cause it to better attract the gold. :icon_thumleft:

I like my store bought retort better though, much easier to use.

GG~

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi,
I have some gold ore and actually it is very rich in gold.(It was tested and high amount of gold found in it.)however when I dissolve gold in aqua regia I by no means could not precipitate the gold in the Aqua regia.I tried every method and chemicals but no use.Then I tried mercury method and got good amount of gold.However when I did the same method second time,I could not get any gold.I used the same ore and the same method.(First boiled in nitric acid,etc.)I do not know why it did not work.I tried many times but no way.I used the same mercury when I got the gold first time.Might it be the reason?Can anybody help me either in precipitating gold in Aqua Regia or mercury method?Any help will be highly appreciated.(I used sodium metabisulfite,ferrous sulphate,etc.to precipitate)I have uploaded two photos of the ore.Thanks a lot...

:icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread