Gold Perception??

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How you look at gold makes a difference in ones success I think. What I mean is I spend money in my pursuit for gold. Gas supplies food tools ect ect. Anyway I used to never take these things into account so if I found a gram for the day and I spent 50 bucks to get it it made no difference because I thought I was a gram richer.. Anyway after a while and goin broke I soon figured out that I will never ever be able to have a chance to make prospecting into a way to make money. So I toned it down some.. I guess I was somewhat fortunate in the fact that when I was introduced to prospecting it was by an actual prospector.. And though I have only actualy prospected with him a few times over about ten years I will never forget the way he found gold.. The first Time I met him he was about three hours late to getting to the area. Anyway my brother and I already been working for few hours nothing to really show for it.. We had plenty of tools but all the wrong ones.. Withen ten minutes of him snooping around he called my brother and I over to where he was and showed us a half gram picker cemented in a crack. in plain sight.. His prospecting kit was so small compared to what me and my brother had. we had buckets sluices any and everything related to gold. Anyway that day he only worked for a few hours and ended up with just shy of 2 pennyweight. My bother and I less then a half gram between us for an 8 hour day.. We dug. He sampled and prospected. Anyway it took me a few years to really understand what he showed me that day. But now I get it.. Anyway there is really no 100 percent gurantees in gold. but there are defintly ways to help you narrow it down.. Now once I started looking at all my exspense I started cutting back and trying to find gold and make something for a day even if it was only ten of fifteen bucks above the gas.. Well after a while my perceptions have changed more on what I consider payable gold. But how I looked at Gold and profit considerably made a difference in my success. at least I think so?? But I am now pickier on what areas and what kind of attention I put in to it. I learned to keep exspenses minimal. I am getting better at exploiting areas and quicker.. Anyway just something I was thinking about this morning....

One of my oldest vids one of my first vids I made of my prospecting..
Anyway I wish everyone well

Upvote 0

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like they say on Gold Fever - "It's not about having the Gold; it's about finding the Gold!" I travel as light as possible (only what fits in my backpack) while prospecting, mostly cause of my back but also because the thrill for me is finding that picker or that streak in the spot I found myself! I took this home yesterday from the river in just 3 pans with my backpack filled mostly with beer!

20140817_182237.jpg

Just like fishing for me it's all about catching that BIG fish! :laughing7:

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way that is a fantastic video even if it's one of your first. Watching it made me want to call in sick to work tomorrow with Gold Fever! Yesterday just wasn't enough for me. :thumbsup:

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It definitely pays to learn how to pick your fights . It can take
a bunch of time just to narrow an area down . Drawing up grids
and marking off hits , staking / marking for movement and so on .
Details matter .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread