Gold Plated Halves - What do you do with them?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would keep them until i get too many that it hurts my wallet, after all, they are always worth face value which is what you paid for them.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
I would give them out to nice tellers. I gave one to a teller who always looks out for halfs for me ,she loved it,

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
i save them if theyre nice, and make rolls, and will someday list them on feebay for like $1 each coin, $20 per roll, but if they are at all scratched, back in the dump bucket they go! hope this helps! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've only found one of the JFK gold plated, so I put it in a flip and kept it. I can always get my .50 back if I ever want to dump it.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I save them for some dumb reason. I guess the novelty. I have only found like 5 gold plated halves, 3 silver or crome plated halves and 3 gold plated dimes!

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
db23 said:
I had been tossing them back up until last week. I got like 10 or so Obama halves in one box. Got the Obama decal off and now they look like a regular gold plated half. These are going in the dummy safe in a bag labeled "Gold Coins". :D
That is a darned good idea, a decoy safe with those in there as gold coins and maybe a few 40%'ers as silver coins.

Maybe load it up with some bogus important looking paperwork as well :laughing9:

I've been giving the gold plated halves to tellers. I think I'll start saving them now. I haven't seen any Obama halves yet, would definitely remove the decal or use paint stripper if one is painted.

Obama decals might be good for scaring away or attracting some vermin :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread