GOLD PRICES : BULLISH or BEARISH ??

G

ghostminer

I would like to hear comments on future gold prices per ounce over the next few years. Are you bullish or bearish? What is your prediction for the 2018 highs? I for one am bullish for several reasons. The major reason is China is now backing oil trading in their currency with gold. This is weakening the U.S. Dollar while putting a bid under gold. It will actually be bullish for most commodity prices including oil, iron ore, copper, silver, & platinum. Also, the newly passed tax reform bill has weakened the U.S. Dollar. The third reason I am bullish is the global unrest (N. Korea). The Fed has been hiking interest rates which should have killed gold prices but gold has actually climbed higher. The Fed tightened margin requirements for gold trading several years ago but it is still climbing. I believe this is the beginning of a commodity cycle that will last several years. My prediction for gold for 2018 is $1450/OZ and $1600/OZ in 2019. Your thoughts?

Upvote 0

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may be correct about the $1450.00 gold price for the year of 2018 after that just don't know yet.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How long can the stock market make these crazy gains? Look for a nice run on gold when the stocks go flat and dip.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Everyone should be bullish on gold that live within a fiat currency that's over 20 trillion in debt and growing! Easily could be over thirty trillion when they are done with it in 4 years.
The prices go up because our dollar is worthless. Nothing changes. The voices change but their breath smells the same....full of $h1t.

If america is ever to be great again that's where to start. You have nothing without sound money.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
having traded gold in the past, gold on all charts are bullish, and on the monthly chart would be a buy above 1435, on the hourly chart I would wait for it to go back down to 1316, then buy at tomorrows open with my exit at 1320 (day trade).
for the long term nobody knows, it has support at 1305.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just bought some for the first time in years...so it’s sure to go down now! lol [emoji23]

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

No, that would only happen to me LOL.

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Pink Floyd will fix it .. whenever they release an album your market has a tendancy to take a tumble firming gold prices... nearly time for an anniversary release ..lol

Garrote Gold

May 25, 2017
southern mines area mother load
Detector(s) used
AT gold,
Bazooka,
any gold pan will do
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Us mint multiple year lows. Public is selling back alot of bullion. Distributors are lower in your buy back prices. Used to get over spot for gold eagle but not anymore. No profit taking on this recent run, usually someone sells alot of paper and hammers the price down. Gold will eventually track inlation and account for the fiat currencies floating out there. If korean war price will shoot up......

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why buy it.A few hundred dollars in equipment some sweat equity and its yours free:)

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

We aren't talking about buying gold but speculating on the future price of gold.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We aren't talking about buying gold but speculating on the future price of gold.
Yes.
This up tick in price can help one decide what to do both prospecting as well as buying depending what one is interested in doing.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good news for us is that the supply from the major players is starting to become lean..

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just read how they want to keep pumping the stock market up and keeping the dollar weak so that should be good for gold this year. We'll see if they can keep the tiger in the cage hehe.

Silver is really what I wonder about but can't go wrong with either Imo. Good place for cold storage of cash if nothing else. And more fun to look at.

Last edited:

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My question is, what effect will crypto currencies have on physical gold. A ton of money is moving into them and its just getting started-
https://coinmarketcap.com/
Interesting premise. I would say that cryptocurrencies and gold have more in common than most people realize...but that there will always be more gold in the ground for people to find. No such accessibility with cryptocurrencies unless you like to stay on the bleeding edge of technology and high risk investing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread