gold prospecting in west virginia

lando

Greenie
Dec 4, 2015
oak hill wv
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been panning some streams near my house and haven't done very well. Has anyone ever done any prospecting here and done any good? I only get to go on a couple of trips a year to other states and was hoping someone might b able to give me some advice on where to go around here. Talked to the local chapter of the gpaa and they all go to nc lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi lando , I'm not sure about gold in WV . I will have to find out , I have about 600 acres in the eastern panhandle . My dad is living down there now and I will be making a couple trips down there hopefully this summer . We have several streams that run through the property , maybe I can get a chance to run some pans and see if I get some color other than coal . lol

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The gold in this picture was supposedly recovered from a tributary of the Gauley in one day using just sluicing and panning.
The guy who claimed to have recovered it attended one of our GPAA chapter meetings recently, but I don't know him well. I took an interest because I have family near Summersville.

If the guy is to be believed then there's decent gold in southern WV...and I'm going to plan a trip to visit my family.

- Brian

IMG_4213.jpg

Apr 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, gold is being found in West Virginia.. Kanawha County.. Check out my YouTube channel for more information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread