gold recovery from electronics....help!!

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All,

Anybody got any more rescourses for us? Does anybody know how to get the silver from xray film?

God bless
Peter

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
pgill said:
Hi All,

Anybody got any more rescourses for us? Does anybody know how to get the silver from xray film?

God bless
Peter

Grind the film and dissolve the acetate in Methylene Chloride, then dry the slurry and cook the silver out. That's how we did it at Anitec (where I used to work). Unfortunately, in most U.S. regions containing the Meth Cl fumes and particulate from the burning will cost as much as what you recover. That's why Anitec is now out of business. Maybe with a mechanical grinding process that strips the base and goes right to the ovens?

Toadiesop

Tenderfoot
Aug 15, 2006
Hi Marty. You're gonna love this. A few months ago a man by the name of Noxx started a forum for the exact thing you are talking about.

It is an absolute TREASURE TROVE of information. We have some of the best gold recoverers and refiners on there. The information has gotten a bit clustered but we are working on cleaning it up a little by consolidating important information into just a few threads.

Look for posts by Noxx, Lazersteve, Harold V, goldsilverpro, and catfish. They are the best of the best!

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS HOBBY LIGHTLY. It can be VERY dangerous. I just started myself and am making excellent progress thanks to everyone on that board.

What I've learned in the past few months over there would have taken me YEARS of trial and error to figure out myself.

Start browsing in the health and safety section first. Then start browsing the other threads. Like I said the info is a little cluttered but within a few hours of reading you'll find all the information you are looking for.

Don't forget to say "Hi" and tell em "Toadie" sent you. 8)

http://goldrefiningforum.com/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread