Gold Ring #1!

JeepMcMuddy

Nov 9, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX-300, 4x6DD, 10"D2
We woke up with a rare late winter dusting of snow, nothing much, just enough to make the grass white. The weather forecast today was for showers all day, so I didn't have much hopes of getting out. By 9:30 I was looking out at blue skies and sunshine. To heck with the forecast, I'm going detectin'!! I hit a park I have been wanting to go to for a while now. Boy was it clean. I mean spotless. The signals were far and few between. There was very little trash too, surprisingly. I managed to scrape only .30 cents. I was ready to call it, when I got a +14 hit, almost walked past right on by, but a glance at the signagraph showed just one nice tall bar. What the heck, I'll dig it. Probed, and cut a small plug, and out pops my first ever ring! I pushed the dirt out of the middle of it, and saw the 417E stamp. If I'm not mistaken, that makes it 10k E-plated gold, doesn't it? It ain't much, but I'll take it!! Just a foot away I had a +85 signal, and out pops this little tank. Maybe he was guarding the ring! :) For such a small thing, its got some weight to it. The little turret turns too.

Cheers!
hunt_2_26_09.jpg

hunt_2_26_09_ring.jpg

hunt_2_26_09_ring2.jpg

Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that one is a cute ring and gold, hey you can't ask for much more than that.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first gold ring. I remember when and where I found my first gold ring....and you will, too, 30 years later.
Now, look for the bigger one.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Great job on your first ring. A nice one at that. The little tank is a cool little find as well!

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I still have the first gold ring that I found (although at todays gold prices i don't know how much longer).
Yours is a nice ring!!! now go find that second one!!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that first gold ring, Muddy!! 8) That's a pretty one!! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions